Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've had the car for about a month. And before I've noticed that every once and a while the HOLD light would start flashing. I thought it was just because I kinda had my knee resting on the button, but today I checked the owner's manual and it said that there's something wrong with the automatic transaxle. The light went off a little bit later, but is there definitely something wrong? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
well according to the manual a flashing hold light is a electronic error in the transmission i believe, since its only the electronics i wouldnt worry too much, but have the dealership look at it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same issue with mine in the mornings. Once in a while it will kick out of overdrive when the hold light starts flashing. The trans isn't even six months old (built in Feb). Am I gonna have to pull that thing out again......

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm just going to warn you guy the ATX on the MX-6/Probe sucks and has a history of falure. So don't get your hopes up it will last for ever. :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't think it would fail that soon though. I am not a sunday driver but I do take care of my car. I don't think an automatic would fail that quick, I really think it's a problem with the electrics... But not being a trans wizard I really can't tell for sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the same problem a few months ago. Only, in my case, my transmission would not shift beyond 2nd gear. I found in the manual that a blinking hold light meant that there was an electrical problem. When I took it in to be fixed, they found a short in one of the wires in it fixed the problem completely. If you take it in to be checked out, I would definitely have them check the wires for any shorts.

Mike

·
Registered
405 Posts
MazdaMX6Pwr.com said:
I'm just going to warn you guy the ATX on the MX-6/Probe sucks and has a history of falure. So don't get your hopes up it will last for ever. :(
i got a 145k on mine and it is still going strong. all depends on how hard you beat on it. nothing will last with abuse.

·
Registered
512 Posts
ATX for MX6/Probe suck. MX6/Probe have very sort lived tranny do an ATX to MTX switch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts