Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Does anyone know of a place other than the dealer that would sell the exhaust piece before the cat that has the flex joint?

Reason I ask is that the flex joint in my wife's car seems to have failed and is now very loud. The heat shields on the down pipes seem to be pretty corroded as well. So it looks like the pipes between the manifolds and the cat need to be replaced.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
165 Posts
Usually you can get flex tubes at muffler shops, that's where I got mine. If your going to replace the tubes from the mani to the cat, you might as well get headers.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Idahosixer said:
Usually you can get flex tubes at muffler shops, that's where I got mine. If your going to replace the tubes from the mani to the cat, you might as well get headers.
if u get a header ud probally want to add a flex pipe to that anyway. if u just want it fixed and dont know how to weld then take it to a muffler shop like carx or midas. they would probally charge you under $100, if u want a performance boost, then get headers and weld in a flex pipe and that'll be under $300. if u know how to weld, pepboys should have the part

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
If you want just the flex tube let me know. I know a place to get Flex tubes for about 30% of the normal cost. They are pure Stainless also so they are nice. Most muffler shops will charge around $100 for installation and parts. ($90 for the part)
Flex tubes go out quite often... Especially if you have a bad motor mount because they are recieving a lot of stress.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.