Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF? steady pace, engine light comes on. gases and car bogs, boost only like 3 or 4psi only. let off gass, engine light goes away and i can boost again to my usual 20psi. run at steady pace again, comes back!!!!! WTF???? no codes or anything. is this the EGR doing this to me??? only thing left i can think of. checked out everything else. how do you fix this without replacing the part??? just been acting up this week!!!!! ehlp!!!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Yup, sounds like the EGR. Pull the CEL codes to verify. Check the vac line going to the egr for holes or to see if it is connected. Pull the vac line from the EGR, dive the car and see if the problem goes away. (you will still get the CEL). Then if it does either replace the EGR or put a plate in there to block it off.

Did you upgrade the chip or anything like that lately?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CEL lights on and off manifest. no codes stored, that's why im not sure what it exactly is. sounds to me like it is too. i had my computer reprogramed by G-force, no chip. but wouldn't blocking it off still trigger it? i have new hoses and all. im just thinking that it is sticking. how would i fix it if it was sticking? help me again manifest.

·
Registered
512 Posts
You can also just push the rubber difram on it to free it up and then clean it up withe engine cleaner and a wire brush. I just finished cleaning mine good as new! @-

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
There is a sensor and a vac going to the egr. If the vac gets applied to the egr to open it and the sensor doesn't put out the correct signal then you get the CEL. Best thing to do is disconnect it (the vac) and see if the car still boggs down while driving at a constant speed. (I am not saying to block it off, just disconnect the vac hose for a test) If it dosn't then you know it was the EGR, next thing is to fix it like MazdaMX6Pwr talked about. In your case blocking it off will still cause the CEL light to go off since it sounds like yours is stuck or gummed up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aight

aight then. i'll try that and see what happens. my cars down for now till end of next week. but i'll see if the diaphram is stuck or not for now. hopefully that is it. thanks manifest and mazdapwr

·
Registered
449 Posts
if it ends up your EGR is bad here is the FORD part number: CX1474

I was quoted $148.99 at Ford Parts Network for a new one. Ford dealer wanted $250. I have no idea how much mazda wants.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's cool. i get parts at cost. i haven't checked it yet though so im not sure what it is yet. but i'll let you guys know if i push that diaphram and see what happens. thanks again.

·
Registered
854 Posts
no codes were stored eh??

Hmmm... sounds like an ECU problem to me. I think G-Force ufcked up your computer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nothing

no, g-force didn't mess up. i've had it for over a year now already. egr isn't stuck either when i checked it. now that i've got my new turbo kit in, i ran it and i c no more check engine light. so i quess problem gone then. thanks ya'll!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts