Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering buying an mx6LS with a flow-master exhaust system on it. Is is a signifigant power upgrade--even without an intake upgrade? Is it less efficient--if so how much less efficient? What are the pluses and minuses of a flow-master system on an Mx6? Can anyone tell help me out?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I believe you will loose a little low gear power but definitley make up for it once your in the high gears.
About 4-9 bhp increase, not too bad.
Your mpg will go down a little bit (contrary to popular belief that you will get more miles per gallon). An intake will even that problem out.
Flowmaster setup is a good one. They make one of the best mufflers.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I have never heard them on a 6, if you can or somebody can post the exhaust sound i would love to hear it. later

·
Registered
483 Posts
jason,

I think that the flowmasters are universal mufflers not direct fit. I know that they are big into american muscle cars. I know that they sound nice. I think it is a louder system too.

Anthony

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i am not looking at them at all, i am looking at some like maybe lets say.... never mind cant tell. i will just show you gusy when it is on. later

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yo, thanks for the responses. Its been a nightmare trying to find a good 2nd gen mx6. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts