Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just wondering if anybody has 2 or 3 chambered flowmaster on their car... Im gettin ready to put 2.5 inch exhaust on my car and im not real sure what type of muffler to use... I know that flowmasters sounded bad a$$ on my 74 chevy p/u but i wasnt sure if they sounded good on smaller engines like ours... What kind of mufflers have you guys used???

·
Registered
375 Posts
muffler

You have a turbo 6, so your car will not get noisey compared to an all-engine car. Flowmasters dont sound bad at all on a 4-banger, but if I was you I'd go for a staight through design muffler. I have an A'pex N1 canister on my turbo 6. Hope I helped.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey importhead will a muffler with a straight through design give me more power than a normal muffler will? or is it just a better sound or what? (sorry im kinda new to the whole turbocharged import thing so i got a ton of questions)

·
Registered
375 Posts
muffler

A straight through design will give you more horsepower than a chambered design like a Flowmaster. A straight through design is laouder than a chambered muffler but it dosnt matter because your car is turbocharged. Thats a cool thing about our cars, we dont make much noise with exaust. Have you ever heard a blow off valve? You can get that sound with your car, and you dont need to buy any thing. All you have to do is remove the hose on the blow-off valve{the black cylinder looking thing, after the turbo outlet}, cut the hose in half, block the inlet where it blows off into the piping from the MAS to the turbo inlet. Make sure nothing blocks the blow-off outlet and blamo, you have the PSSSSH sound. Its a head turner, people are like what is that noise. I like it. Try it, if you have any problems e-mail me at http://[email protected]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Magnaflow muffler

Hey I just ordered a Magnaflow muffler from my work they other day its sounds good I also ran a 2 1/2 pipe from the cat back i would recommend that one!

·
Registered
514 Posts
flowmasters are great for a sleeper. I forget which one I have but it is pretty quiet unless you really step on it

G

·
So, Raider... Props for searching, but you brought back a 3 year old thread to give advise to someone who no longer visits the board :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts