Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problems for boosting:

1) FMU's work but they suck and dont help when partial throttle boosting because they have a delay where they dont work below 3psi.

2) S-AFC works to adjust my car's VAF signal except at wot when my car goes into closed loop and ignores the VAF signal.

3) 12:1 FMU would max out and fry my injectors, and the 280cc Oem upgrades from a Millennia S make my car run like shit when off of boost.

Solution - get 12:1 FMU, 280cc injectors and S-AFC.

The S-AFC lets me tune and will work to let me use bigger injectors off of boost and will keep my a/f ratios good up to WOT, where my FMU will take over, utilizing the larger injectors.

Can anyone point out to me some flaws in my plan?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I went back and attempted this with a vortech 12:1 FMU, Apexi AFC Neo, and 310cc millennia s injectors. 14.7 AFR at idle and cruise, 26mpg, and 11.x AFR in boost. Life is good. This does work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have seen those low pro electric fans for eclipses and integras and stuff, but is there any way to fit one in a mx6 v6? i mean wouldnt that help out with fitting a turbo in there since the stock fans are kinda thick? just something i had cooking up in my lil noggin for the last couple days.
thanks,
rahulsaha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts