Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, hooked up my fog lights PROPERLY. These fog lights have parking lights in the sides with blue bulbs, and the others are normal fog lights. They came with a two way rocker switch which would only let you turn one at a time on. I didn't like that. I wanted the blue parking lights to come on when I turned the headlights on. So, I rigged that up. Then the switch that came with the lights was ugly, so, I got a factory fog light switch from a junkyard car and put it in the dash. Very clean install, and I want to get pictures up as soon as possible. Basically, my point is if anyone wants to know how I rigged the parking lights up, lemme know. Also, my side markers blink, that was my first mod. When the lights are on, they blink opposite the normal blinkers, IE: If the blinker is on, the side marker is off. If the lights are OFF, they all blink at the same time.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, whatcha do is simple. Run the GROUND wire from the side marker, and connect it to the POWER wire on the blinker. When the blinker is off, the side marker will be grounded from the power side, through the filament of the bulb, and to the ground side of the blinker. When the blinker comes on, the side marker will turn OFF because it's getting power from it's OWN power wire, and the ground wire. Therefore, it's not making a complete circuit, and it turns off. It may sound weird, I did this a LONG time ago, and don't remember exactly why it works. But, it DOES work, a simple mod too. Took me no more than 30 min.
I don't remember which color wire is which, but, I can check if anyone needs me to.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey it would be great if you could tell me the color of the wires as well as how to get to them . Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I forgot to look in this section for a couple of days. Here's the deal, the car isn't running, and i'm on vacation this week, but, as soon as I get back, I will go check the color of the wires and let you know. I can't promise anything, but, maybe I can borrow my friend's digital camera and take some pics. If nothing else though, I'll check the color of the wires.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have blue corners and I would really like to know how exactly to have the corner signals to come on and stay on when the parking lights and headlights are on. Like the 2nd gen MX6's. If you could post how you did that it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should be fairly easy, I don't know about wire colors though. I always forget to go look. Anyway, just run the positive wire from your corner lights, to the positive wire of your parking lights. That way, when your parking lights come on, the corner lights will come on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
OK, thanks I am going to try it this weekend.

·
Registered
621 Posts
sorry

·
Registered
398 Posts
fog lights......

i found these fog lights by navigation or somethin for 40 bucks.... the look nice they have blur lights in the outer for driving lights and i think xenon fog lights...they are slim and look like they would go good with a 1g 6..how hard is it to install them??

·
Registered
948 Posts
about having the turnsignal bulbs on while the parking lights are on, you can't just run the power or else you will have no turnsignals. If you look in the connector of the turnsignal, where the two clips meet. The one that goes to the car has 3 "plugs". The one on the turnsignal side has 3 spaces but 2 "plugs". If you pull the covering off the wires there you will find a 3rd wire. Just put that wire into that open space on the connector. When the clips are connected, you have dimmer light when the parking lights are on, and brighter light when the turnsignals flash.

I'm sorry for the bad write up, but i didn't sleep last night so i'm a bit tired. If you need any clarification let me know. This mod is quite easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts