Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I've been looking around for accessories for my MX-6. Since it's the base version, there is a lot of room for improvement, so I thought about adding fog lights, mud guards, and window vents (or wind deflectors, I'm not sure which). However, I have not been able to find any window vents on the internet, and Mazda accessories are overpriced ($150 for rear mudflaps and $500 for fog lights and a wiring harness). I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get (if possible) window vents and reasonably priced mud flaps and fog lights. I don't have to have spec parts, as long as they look reasonable and fit well (not cheap Trak Auto parts). Also, is it possible for me to install fog lights myself, or should I have a professional do it (I'd like to have the fogs come on without any other lights, or at least the parking lights too)? If anyone has ideas or suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks

By the way, is there anything I can use to replace the awful front license plate bracket?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Chris Lyon said:
Recently, I've been looking around for accessories for my MX-6. Since it's the base version, there is a lot of room for improvement, so I thought about adding fog lights, mud guards, and window vents (or wind deflectors, I'm not sure which). However, I have not been able to find any window vents on the internet, and Mazda accessories are overpriced ($150 for rear mudflaps and $500 for fog lights and a wiring harness). I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get (if possible) window vents and reasonably priced mud flaps and fog lights. I don't have to have spec parts, as long as they look reasonable and fit well (not cheap Trak Auto parts). Also, is it possible for me to install fog lights myself, or should I have a professional do it (I'd like to have the fogs come on without any other lights, or at least the parking lights too)? If anyone has ideas or suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks

By the way, is there anything I can use to replace the awful front license plate bracket?

If you want stock parts try a couple of junk yards, you can always find some stuff in them. To mount the fog lights you can do it yourself it's not very hard and you can always ask for help here.

As for what to do with the front liscense plate holder, REMOVE IT Damn thing is ugly and most cops won't give you greif over it even if you do live in a state that requires it. I do and I haven't had a front plate for over 10 years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts