Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I am about to install a buddy club body kit and was wondering how tough it will be to install those circular fog lights in replacement of the original. Is it just cutting the old wires and connect it to the new fog lights' wires. Please let me know.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
installing them is easy as can bee, but then you have to mount them, which means drilling into a most likely fresh painted bumper, i am waiting to mount mine because i'm not so sure i will be able to drill into mine once i get it back form paint. I am also considering some CF canards but same dilema.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
You can mount the fogs straight to the plastic REAL bumper (not bumper cover) so you dont have to drill into the paint/FG

Also its suggested you run new wiring (comes with fogs) because they are ususally higher wattage, and can bur out the stock wiring.

As far as the canards go, you should have bought them, drilled the holes BEFORE paint. I would hate to see the drill slip, or even better yet, put a nice big stress crack in your paint.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
man i wasn't trying to thread jack! yes the canards look great i love them but like i said my paint wasn;t cheap and the thought of drilling into it makes me cry. we'll see, all in due time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
also wondering the exact same question... installed buddy front bumper took off old fogs and about to install new ones blue with mesh infront but not to sure where the best bplace to go would be.. and what ones?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.