Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to rewire their factory foglights on a 2nd gen. to their parking lights, so that they would come on when the parking lights were on and not the headlights. I did it in my old supra but have no clue how to do it in my 93LS. Any clues?

·
Registered
164 Posts
It can be done by tracing the wires back from the parking lights under the hood and then joining the two together, but why would you want you fog lights on when there is no fog.

In the UK the police are always jumping on people for doing this and if you have a nice ride it then becomes one more excuse for them to stop you and give you hassle.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You just need access to the fog light switch to do it. Use a multimeter and test to see which wire get +12 volts when the parking lights are turned on and which gets power when the headlights are turned on. Then cut the wire that get power with the headlights and tap the switch side of that wire to the wire that gets power when teh parking lights are turned on. Now your foglights will turn on when ever the parking lights are turned on and the foglight switch is pushed in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts