Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I drive a 93 MX-6 and I live in Winnipeg where Winter is closely coming on. I have noticed that even during the summer, whenever it was humid outside, my windows would fog like i've never seen before. I have used so many different types of cleaners and fog repellents and that only makes it worse. ( insted of fog, it just gets wet)
I just brought my car in today to get an alignment done, and told them to check the heater core. Maybe it's leaking into my car (although i dought it!), IS there ANYTHING I can do to prevent this damm fog! It's so annoying! Thanks alot!
OH, I'm also looking for fog lights for my MX-6 if you know of where I can get some!! Cya!
Stay Free.....
Little Bastard,

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I've never had a fogging problem with any car that couldn't be cured by running the A/C compressor with or without heat, using fresh air. Recirc doesn't defog too good. I've always just used a good quality glass cleaner on my windows. The compressor helps a lot.

Tyson
95 LS (for sale)

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
If it's any consolation, my 94PGT fogs at the drop of a hat too, especially the windshield. The only solution I've found is what mts3 said: turn the A/C on to defog.

Running the A/C compressor dehumidifies the air before it hits the windshield and the blowing air helps to keep "wetter" (more humid) air away from the windshield.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't Have A/C

Ahh.......I don't have A/C on my MX-6. Ummm.....I have used all sorts of glass cleaners and none really seem to do the trick. I still haven't gotten a call back from the dealership about when my car can be picked up, but, hope they find the problem! If there's anything else you can think of let me know.
Oh yeah, I was wondering, I usually put the heat on, and recirculate the exsisting air. Should I put it on the Fresh air setting? I know that means my car won't heat up as fast (or at all) however, what do you think? Thanks alot guys!

Little Bastard,

·
Registered
359 Posts
I HAD THAT PROBLEM TOO..

I had the same problem too with my 94 MX6 the soultion to help stop the fog up. Is you have to change the vent to fresh air only!!! then push d-fog button. I figured this out by looking in the manual. Make sure when you d-fog that you have the heat level on high.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mommy Like,

Ok...one more thing. What is the "D-Fog" button? are you talking about the "windshild" one? I mean, the button that you push to get air out of just the windshild?
Sorry, all of these dumb questions!

Little Bastard,

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fixed It!

Alright! Okay, so i am an idiot! The problem is that, i should have the "fresh air" on, insted of recirculating air. I knew it was simple. I washed my windows again...(with Windex) and drove around for a while. There fine! (whew...) Thanks alot for all the advice guys!

Little Bastard,
P.S
There was a rattle coming from underneath my car, it turns out it's the Catalyitic converter. There's debris in it and it may cost up to $1000.00 Canadian to fix. (at least, that what they told me...HOWEVER,) I bought the best kind of extended warrenty package so it should be covered! RIGHT? They have to call tomarrow and find out!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If the ratteling is coming from th ecat converter, then it's most likely the heat shield. I remember I wripped my heat shield off like a week after i got the car. I would look underneath the car and check to see if it's that. If you see that the cat itself is damaged like a hole or something, I would just get a high flow cat. (Random Technologies). I'm hopefully going to be getting this and headers after X-mas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts