Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have full custom 3" exaust, 8.5 wires, bov, 14psi of boost, intake, and some tranny work. well back to the story. i am driving down the highway --55 or so mph-- when this hundi elantra pulls up next to me and starts surging. you know full gas, no gas, full gas..... an obvious invite to race. i drop down to 4th gear and spank them good and hard(up to around 90). then i come up to a stop light and 10 sec. they pull up (its a girl who doesn't look old enough to drive)and start to rev on me!! ijust laugh, blip my throttle and wait for the light.
GREEN, roast across the intersection,1 car length.
Nail 2nd, light up my tires again, 2car lengths.
Hit 3rd, chirp,3car lengths
Radar detector goes off, brake from ~70 to 55.
Blue lights, with a pulled over elantra!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
why do they even bother to TRY to keep up with a 6?
tyler
1989 mx6 GT lots of mods

·
Registered
371 Posts
im with you man! over in australia we got those idiots literally making something from nothing..or trying to! we got the hyundai excels with twin cams and all the rubber band crap to try and make em go fast. in the end they are a wind up toy with no guts. i honestly laugh at them when they try me! though when they are at full revs in 4th gear im still holding boost in 2nd. they get the idea after a few secs. no brainer..no challenge!

·
Registered
359 Posts
RADAR DETECTOR

Where would I be able to buy a radar detector??? I sure could use one.....

G

·
A few days ago a Saturn jumped in front of me on the freeway, in heavy traffic. He needed to get in my lane, and I would've let him in, but before I knew it he was already merged over in front of me before I could back off!!! I thought to myself.. "WHAT in the #[email protected]@!##" He let off the gas and we were cruising at 20mph again, when I happened to get in the left lane alongside him and noticed a Boost gauge!!! I bet he had a Thomas Knight turbo. I just realized they make them for the little 1.9L Saturn motor. Anyway, it was actually pretty quick... would've actually like to race if the time and place were right. Most of these cars are just a joke though-- great story about the Elantra!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
i hyundai's or however you spell them

anyone with a hyundai who tries to race anything else on the road obviously doesn't know too much about anything. sorry for all you hyundai owners, they're not that bad, just don't race them, ever.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I saw some 40ish dude in a brand spanking new red Tiburon having a mid-life crisis right in front of me. He tried racing me in my '89 MX-6 N/A atx. Well, I was actually pretty suprised that I kicked his ass! He spun the tires too much off the line, and then he didnt have a hope of catching up to me. Haha... fool. He didnt dare look at me at the next light (he was looking at me grinning and revving before i raced him).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts