Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly what fuel system upgrades did you have to do to accomodate the higher PSi??

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
None.

You dont really need fuel upgrades if you're just turning up the boost on the stock turbo. You cant go past 12psi anyway, which is no trouble for the stock fuel system anyway. To go any higher you'll need a re-programmed ECU, but that in itself is a fuel upgrade so you should be fine.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
12 psi

I beg to differ with you on that because at higher elevations, (where I am) 5300 ft to be specific, I run my car at 15 psi constantly.... but I have had it all the way to 18 with no problems with the stock turbo.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Umm, actually, 18 psi is kind of ridiculous. From everything I've heard/read about the stock turbo, after 14, the increased heat of the charge air overcomes the extra power you'd make. 15 psi is where is loses efficiency. I dunno how different it would be for higher elevations, but, for normal elevations, 14 psi is about as high as you would wanna go on the stock turbo.

·
Registered
189 Posts
TexasMX6GT said:
Umm, actually, 18 psi is kind of ridiculous. From everything I've heard/read about the stock turbo, after 14, the increased heat of the charge air overcomes the extra power you'd make. 15 psi is where is loses efficiency. I dunno how different it would be for higher elevations, but, for normal elevations, 14 psi is about as high as you would wanna go on the stock turbo.

16psi is fine. And psi don't mean squat. How much air you flow at a certain psi is what matters.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At 5300 ft I can still feel it pull at 18 psi. I did this with all stock parts except for my homemade bleeder valve.

·
Registered
47 Posts
How do i turn up the boost on my stock turbo if someone could give me the steps or materials i need to do so that would be much apprciated..Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts