Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a bent neck MS8 KLZE IM for sale. It's in good condition, fule rails are still on it as well as the vacume lines and solenoids very clean inside and out!

I'll let it go for $200.00 shipped. Or you can click here to bid on it.

Post here or PM me if interested.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
The general census is that this IM is better than the stock IM. However, it's been debated for a long while now if it's better or not than the straight neck ZE IM.

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
duckone said:
Rob, does this bent neck ZE IM make better hp/torque figures than the stock DE IM ? If so I maybe interested.
yes it does make more hp/tq then the DE and ZE straight neck. I've used both and would never go back to a straight neck ZE again.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Robot#666 said:
yes it does make more hp/tq then the DE and ZE straight neck. I've used both and would never go back to a straight neck ZE again.
Please provide proof of this.

Here is a link to the Cuved neck vs Straight neck IM thread on PT where no one has provided proof either way yet.

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RevZempoe said:
^^ I would have to agree. Was this with VRIS operating? Open? Hitting correct VRIS points?
yes it was.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
But unfortunately, it hasn't been proven either way as to which gets more power or torque the straight neck VS curved neck. So your claim for butt dyno gains mean nothing.

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fastest95PGT said:
But unfortunately, it hasn't been proven either way as to which gets more power or torque the straight neck VS curved neck. So your claim for butt dyno gains mean nothing.
who cares? The straight neck and bent neck are both better then the DE. So why should it even matter? If I had a dyno in my garage I'd prove it but I don't and I don't have the money at the moment to go to one either.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
duckone said:
Rob, does this bent neck ZE IM make better hp/torque figures than the stock DE IM ? If so I maybe interested.
No it does not, it starts of better and the 03, but being equal to the straight neck, until it hits 6500 rpms and then the power band drops like a rock. I do have dyno sheets from 2 different cars with this manifold and both do the same thing. One ZE and the other an 03.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Robot#666 said:
who cares? The straight neck and bent neck are both better then the DE. So why should it even matter?
The reason it matters is because you claimed the curved neck gave more gains when in fact we do not know. That is why I linked the PT thread where it is currently being discussed.

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
moderator you can close this post the intake manifold sold for $232.50 shipped.

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
95PGTTech said:
so then don't make claims you can't back up :flamer:
your an idiot. I can back them up you just choose not to believe me. I've used both IM's and the bent one is better period!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Robot#666 said:
your an idiot. I can back them up you just choose not to believe me. I've used both IM's and the bent one is better period!
in your opinion, or in actual numbers? I mean, maybe I'm stupid, but I just can't see how a 45 degree 3 inch bend in the throttle body area would promote greater flow. If anything, I would assume that it would DECREASE flow.

until you can back up your statements with some NUMBERS and FACTS, please keep your opinions confined to your head.

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
this thread can be closed it was sold a while back. thanks,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts