Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada (across from Port Huron, Mi)

The car:
It's a 1989 Mazda MX-6 GT Turbo with a 5speed. The body has 261,000km on it, while the motor has just over 90,000km on it. This car was maintained at Probart Mazda in London between 1989-2001 and has recieved dealer quality work. There are recipts dating back the original purchase along with a summary of all repairs and costs.

Problems:
Will require two new CV boots, and a front wheel bearing. (The CV's aren't clicking yet, but new axels would be suggested anyways).
Ther clearcoat on the hood has faded.
Primer spot above rear passenger tire.

Recently added:
New alternator (3yr warranty)
New starter (3yr warranty)
New 3" exhaust from the downpipe back
New shifter bushings from Ford to clean up the gear selection
Cone filter and adapter plate to replace cracked air filter box.

The car is in excellent running condition. The car doesn't burn a drop of oil between the 4500km oil changes. The turbo boosts great and gives you a heck of a kick in the pants after about 2800rpm. I have kept very good care of this car and it has served me well. It's pretty damn quick to boot. The tranny shifts well (after the rotted bushing were replaced), it accelerates like a demon.
Overall, it's an amazing car.

I'm asking $700 Canadian for it.

It's got a valid E-test on it until May of next year. The car is also currently on the road and in proper driving condition.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Sounds like a steal, I'll talk to some buddys for ya.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
How far is this from wisconsin? Will you deliver? Let me know asap.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
bump for a great car not too far away from me.....man i wish i didn't just drop 1g in my boat or i would buy this for a winter beater. Not to mention a damn good price for what you get. I am in Midland right now so it wouldn't be too much to come look at it. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Man, and I just got my hopes up!!! :(

·
Registered
420 Posts
some people never read the rest of the thread, do they? lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
im a newby but i must admit at least i read the whole thread, lol hey i got a 96 mx6 sitting in my driveway the turbo was stripped out of it before i bought it for 600 bucks and my 89 mx6 is my baby id never give it up but im afraid to start a new project my 89 still needs SOOOOO much more work like a drivers side complete door that i can't find anywhere!

·
Registered
420 Posts
That car is in beau-ti-ful condition (the one FS).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Headlamp Washer Switch?

I currently have a 1989 Mazda MX-6 4WS Turbo (White with white rims and blue interior). I am working on installing the stock headlamp washer kit. I live in Hawaii and the dealesship has no idea how to get the switch for the dash. This is where you come in. If you can find a way to get another switch for the system for me or even refer me to someone who may know that would be so awesome!! unless you want to sell the one that's in the car now if it hasn't sold already... but thats kinda extreme :) For some reason the MX-6's that were sold in the US never came with the system and when I found out that the car came with it I had to have it. My name is Jordyn by the way and I hope you can help me. I may not refer to this site to check your email so please email me at [email protected].

1 - 15 of 15 Posts