Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The time has come to consider putting my car up for sale. I say consider because if I don't get in the neighborhood of what I'm looking to get then I plan on handing it down to my older brother. Onto the specs!

93 Mazda Mx6 LS, 5sp, Tan Leather interior, Painted World Rally Blue, 128.5k miles on her. I've owned it approx. 3 years and put 30k miles on the vehicle in that time frame. I'm looking to get $2200 obo. If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns about price please PM me. I will gladly address your comments. However, I will not stand for useless clutter in my thread. I'll start with pics and then move towards the long list of modifications, upgrades and routine maintenance performed. (Pics taken less than a week ago)

I currently reside in Northern VA but would be willing to work something out with a serious buyer from further away.

Tire tread:

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Maintenance:
-Timing belt, Water pump, and tensioners associated replaced at 98k miles.
-New Starter
-1yr old battery
-VCG Replaced (F&R)
-Both front CV joints replaced (axle replaced)
-MSD 8.5mm superconductor plug wires
-Sylvania Silverstar Headlights
-New pads all around
-New Rear Rotors
-New Right rear Caliper (last one froze)
-Had a new key from mazda dealer cut using the VIN. A much stronger alternative to Walmart copies.
-Transmission Fluid replaced with Redline MT90
-Fuel Filter replaced
-OPSU Replaced and still leak free
-More to come as I remember...

Upgrades:
-Painted WRB by the previous owner, paint is approx 4 years old and still looks great IMO, Waxed with 3step meguires wax treatment at least 2x a year.
Exhaust:
-SS Autochrome Headers
-High Flow Magnaflow Cat and Resonator
-Borla Muffler with magnaflow tip (very stealthy)
-2 1/4inch Crush bent piping throughout. (Sounds good IMO)

Everything
-Spec Stage 2 Clutch
-Lightened Flywheel
-AWR Engine mounts (F&R)
-B&M Short throw shifter
-PRM Cold air intake (Can't find these anymore)
-Megan F&R strut bars
-All red tails, sprayed with stained glass paint.

Wheels
-One of a kind! 16inch RSX Type-S custom machined to fit! You will not see another 2g mx6 with these wheels
-Sitting on Cooper Zeon tires with plenty of life left (as you can see)

Ignition
-MSD 6A box
-Blaster 2 coil
-Plus HEI mod
-MSD 8.5mm superconductor wires
-Setup cured disty problems and has been used approx 1.5years without failure.

Music
-Infinity 5x7 in doors
-Alpine Type-s 5x7 in rear
-Panasonic MP3 Headunit (burn CDs with mp3 files, can fit 100-200 songs)
-MTX 250 watt amp (Mounted behind backseat)
-MTX 500 watt sub (Not overwhelming to the music)

The bad:
-The previous owner did not have the trunk and jams painted to match the car. I never got around to it either so they are hunter green.
-A 2inch dent on passenger side door. No paint damage. Difficult to take pics of. I'll see if I can capture it. Typical 14 year old wear and tear on top of that (A few dings here and there).
-Antenna mast does not move. I just leave it half raised at all times.
-Trunk struts work at times, do not work other times. Usually hot days are the only problem.
-Driver side leather seat has the typical tear in the bolster. However, the leather has been treated regularly so its still fairly soft.

The Good:
-I feel like I've taken excellent care of this vehicle. I'm the type of car owner that performs maintenance before the problem becomes worse or before it's absolutely necessary if at all possible.
-All electrical connections that I have done in this car are the best quality I can perform. For the MSD ignition I used solder, a bit of electrical tape and then shrink wrapped the connection to make sure it was absolutely water tight.
-A/C does work surprisingly well. I'm not really the A/C kind of driver normally but I've just moved south and started using it more often.
-I'm the third owner of this vehicle and can email a carfax to seriously interested buyers that I received a little while ago.

If you are interested and want specific pictures feel free to post or pm me. I am more than willing to help you get a sense of my vehicle before making arrangements to come take a look. As previously stated I am living in Northern VA but would be willing to work out somekind of arrangement with buyers from further away.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^Thanks for the encouraging words. I think I will put a sign in the window now that you mention it. Local I will definetly be asking more to start. My friend bought a POS beater truck here for $2800 and thought it was the greatest deal in the world. Everything is more expensive living here.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Metros you bastard, why do you have to sell your car right after I buy my new six. I'm not made out of money you know. I really want a 3rd mx6, and a sexy blue one at that. Take pics of the door jams and the trunk please.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Will do. I'll try and do that tonight and get those up for you.

You know you need this car to complete your collection.

(edit) Done and done
My dirty trunk jam.

Door Jam with some dirty window stripping.

If anyone else has any requests Just let me know.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump for some interest from a few members.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ive got to stop looking at the fs forums.. being jobless atm this just kills me.. if i had a job atm id be calling for a small loan right now to get this thing ;_; WHY ME WHY!...-_-... o well gl with the sale.. o and nice rims they really fit the car well. If im lucky ill be ready to buy it in a few months ahahhaa.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
More interior shots please :)

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interior Shots as promised.
Drivers Side leather. Showing the typical tear.

Passenger seat (Change not included)

Also included with the sale the all weather floor mats shown.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If only you were in Wisconsin i Would come running with cash for it! Going to look in to how much shipping it to me would be. Bump For Beautiful 6 in great condition!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Metros.

I am looking for a car with these specs.

I am in southern Onratio and it would be a nice drive. Is the car still available?

Up here that car would be rusting around the front and rear window seals, I can not see any thing from the pics, was wondering if you could comment on rust on the body.

Was wondering if the engine and trani have any leeks, if the engine burn oil?
Has it been smoaked in?
Lastly, how has the car been driven? I will take you at your word.

You can contact me at [email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Metros.

I am looking for a car with these specs.

I am in southern Onratio and it would be a nice drive. Is the car still available?

Up here that car would be rusting around the front and rear window seals, I can not see any thing from the pics, was wondering if you could comment on rust on the body.

Was wondering if the engine and trani have any leeks, if the engine burn oil?
Has it been smoaked in?
Lastly, how has the car been driven? I will take you at your word.

You can contact me at [email protected]

Thanks
You know I live in VA now right? :)That would definetly be a nice drive for you.

All Emails, PMs responded to.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I WANT YOUR CAR! I was planning on painting mine the same color (currently green/red) and doing the maintenance stuff as well. I'd save money in the long run just buying your car. I live in the very NE tip of Tennessee. How far would you be willing to drive to meet up?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts