Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wan to install the new 6x9's i got in the rear deck but need some advice, i wan to keep the clean look of the rear deck but cant seem to find a way to get the speaker in nice and tight without cutting up the deck, anyone who's done this i would really appreciate some insight. also i dont have room to install them from below.

--thanks, mcbride

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have 6x9's in the rear deck, but they are mounted from below. It would definately be impossible any other way. They require bout 6 inches of space below the deck, so if you can spare that much room, I can give ya the details.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
adapter for 6x9's

actually i just found an adapter in a partsexpress catalog i have that will adapt the 6x8 or 5x7 hole to fit the 6x9 speaker and the price isnt too bad, 15.00 bucks or so, so i ordered it.

--mcbride

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the same adapter probably...it requires you to take the spacer from under your 5x7 out, screw it back into the holes from underneath, attach the adapter, then attach the 6x9 to it. Pretty easy and works great.

G

·
So you guys are saying I can buy a nice pair of 6x9's for my 95/Ls, and they will fit just fine...Or will I need to order up a set off adapters, even if I can mount them from the bottom?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
adapter part number

go to www.parts-express.com and search for part # 265-836, its an adapter that allows you to perfectly fit a 6x9 into the 6x8 factory spot. i think it runs about 15.00 bucks

·
Registered
172 Posts
wow

kick ass, i was just about to ask if my new infiniti 6x9s would fit in the rear with no mods....sweet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
True, but you use it from underneath, with the factory spacer and it works...you just have to have the clearance under the rear deck.

·
Registered
305 Posts
canadian-as-hell said:
True, but you use it from underneath, with the factory spacer and it works...you just have to have the clearance under the rear deck.
Whoops, yeah your right.. I didn't think of that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts