Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So people can understand the feeling Im trying to describe, you have had to felt the TB boot blow off under boost before.
I was crusing home, and I got to the turn to kingsly road (the road I live on) and as I was comming around the corner fast and hard, I geared down to 2nd and floored it, the tires started to spin then all of the sudden...."Blooooplooooop" The car jerked really bad and it felt excatly like the TB boot blew off! So I let off the gas and the lightly drove to the side of the road, the car was sputtering a little. Once I got to the side of the road I grabed my screw driver because I assumed that the TB boot blew off, I poped the hood and the TB boot was fine, I looked around and couldn't see anything wrong. So I got back into the car and started it and it ran fine, drove home and boosted a couple of time with no problems. :confused: :E :confused:
I don't understand what happened could it of been a hard knock? or detenation? I was only running 10psi's, but I think I may have a leaky injector (im going to start another thread to get help with my injector problem).

Thanks guys

methman

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
don't worry exploding noises under your hood usually fix themselves... :p

Hmm that is really odd, besides boosting a couple times have you drove it hard at all? nothing seems diffrent since after the "Blooooplooooop"?

hmm maybe you should check you bypass valve, if there is cracked tubing or a dead value? or disconnected vacume hose....

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
That is really odd, check for rips in the boot. My car did that some, the boot had a small crack under by the TB. It would boost fine sometimes and then others it would jerk and go down to sputtering idle. Most of the time it was fine, till one day im try to go to my friends house and im passin this truck and all i hear is a rush or air while boost and my not going anywhere. I pull over with a sputtering car and theres a huge crack in the boot. I had to got the dollar store to buy a screw driver and ducttape so I could drive home

M

·
0 Posts
i had a similar incident. i was "racing" this guy, he was trying to pull on me and i was at about 3500 in second and stepped on it, i hear this loud "bloooplooop" lol and i pulled into a shopping center and it was my TB, it was cracked almost all the way around the boot right next to the clamp. i tried duct tape up it kept coming off because i had a bad oil leak at the time. i forked out 80 bucks at the mazda dealership for a new one. ouch

Mach6

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
i forked out 80 bucks at the mazda dealership for a new one. ouch
me also, and i had to drive across town just to get it. Mazda/Ford should stock those things like crazy. Thats the only real way they get money off of us. Everything else on these cars work great.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I have a Custom desgined TB boot that I made, The reason why I made it was because it actually seemed better than the stock TB, Its fairly new so I don't think there would be any cracks/leaks but I will check.
The car hasen't seem to drive any differentaly since the incident so I don't know, But I would really like to know because its deffintally not normal...I hope it dosent happen again.:E
Any other ideas?

Thanks guys.

Methman

D

·
0 Posts
What did you use to make a custom TB boot?
Did you just take one from a different or was it a
Home Depot job?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
ive never had my stock one blow, but since ive put my home depot boot on, im on my 3rd, and its come off on various occasions, once though...i was under heavy throttle(approx 16psi) and i heard the ghetto bracket that didnt really help hold it on, hit the hood, but the very second i heard that "pooof" i left off the gas and the TB boot went back on, though not all the way, maybe because i was near 5000rpm, the quick drop in pressure caused the boot to go back on? it barely went back on, but it did...i still pulled over and fixed it.

-Eric

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
after It happened I went and tugged on my TB boot and it was tight on there.

I made my TB boot from plumbing material from the plumbing section at crappy tire. IMHO I don't think it was my TB boot because after it happened and I checked my boot everything was on really tight, and Ive boosted since and it hasen't blowen off, what else could it be?

Methman

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well it was a left hand turn, but its the same thing. Fly You may be on the right track, could be a weak fuel pump. Could a bad injector cause a problem like this? Ive been thinking about replacing my injectors to see if the ticking clears up, and to see if I get better gas millage. I put some fuel injector cleaner in my tank with my last refill, and the ticking seems to have gotten quiter...mabey its not my HLA's after all.

Methman

1 - 12 of 12 Posts