Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the last three years worth of SCC and Turbo magazines. Around a year ago SCC picked up a Probe GT and started disecting it. Through all the modifications that they did to the engine and the thousands of dollars that they spent on the vehicle there was no cheap horsepower to be found. They dinoed the vehicle after every modification was done and they found disappointment after each one. If you want power and serious power, you will be spending thousands of dollars on this car. Thats what the professionals found and that's why they dropped our car as a project just after a few installments. The biggest restrictor on our car is the VRIS. Starting with the MASS Air sensor. Installing a split second sensor in place of the air sensor we have in the car is a $1000.00 option. Is that worth it for 3-4 HP? Is a $600.00 Greddy Exhaust worth 1-2 HP? Every intake out there for our car produces 1HP between 5-7000RPMS. If you want HP I will tell you exactly how to get it. It will cost you around $5-10,000.00 if you want 3-400HP at the wheels. Talk to you all soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Specify

I think it was a joke because they didn't tackle the project like they do all the other rides. But when you say it was a joke what do you mean? The mods they did are the mods we would do first. They dynoed after all the modifications and the results were not inpressive at all. Some of the manufacturers that I have spoken to were very pissed off because they thought the dyno sessions were wrong. My buddy has a dyno at Pruvin Performance in Milford, CT. I have done baseline runs and have come up with more base HP than SCC did when they ran the Probe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the problem was they used a '95+ Probe, and because of it's different ECU, it's a lot harder to get good numbers out of mods. It's been talked about extensively over at Probetalk; most intake/exhaust mods net about 1/2 what the same mods on a pre-95 would net. I think i've heard of some people replacing their 95+ ECUs with -95 ones and getting great power off their CAIs, exhausts, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts