Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my forgemotorsports bypass valve. It was made for a subaru. I love it. This valve used a piston and spring instead of a diaphram. God is boost constant now. It took quite some time to modify my spare original bypass tube to mate with the subaru design. I bored out the plastic with a rotary tool. Better evacuation back to the intake. Needed to use super extra insane glue to glue the two parts together. But it's air tight as hell so it works wonders. Hmmm...I gotta get my hands on a camera. show you guys soon.
I recommend this to anyone running over stock boost. Boost respeonse is instant. It dumps so well and so fast. And it stays wide open when it needs too. Dump piston starts to open a 3in\hg. Tested with a vaccum pump. And is fully open 10. Feels better to go through quick shifts and less chance for your girlfriend to spill her pop or poke her eye out with massacara because the boost stays contstant you don't feel any lag between shifts at all!.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
well crusty...you have to realize that the pieces that he glued together isn't going to see any kind of boost pressure. also, you can get some 'gorilla' snot which is some pretty insane glue, and it creates a air-tight and waterproof seal :tup:

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
lets seem some pics of the finished product. find yourself a camera

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey sick, its not the same kind of valve as your post. Yes it is a forgemotorsports valve but it was intended for a direct replacement for the subaru wrx sti. The sti's have their bypass straight on the top mount intercooler which looks kinda strange but works for them. Fittment was hard but it was goddamn well worth it.
Oh and sick, just because you gave your input doesn't mean the entire subject is done and over with. Not like you were god dude. relax and let me and others experiment and maybe someday there will be something you didn't think about that sounds damn good to your ear and you'll try it too.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
well said TR. :)

I guess you didn't read my DSM bypass thread ehhhh?
guess you didn't read where it said SUBARU ehhhhh?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
http://photobucket.com/albums/d36/blackxrockx/92MX6/
Here are a few pics i took about 10min ago with my girlfriend's ultra [shizzle]ty vivicam. And it's 6:27pm so they're not great pics. Notice the green thing on the left is a light. lol It's pitch black out and it's supper time. God i don't want the snow to come! Pray to stay away. Anyhow. For fitment i had to take off the lower part of the suby bpv's bracket. Fits right in between the two brass\golden i don't know what bolts of our plastic bpv tube.

Oh ya these bpvs go for around 150US i think. I got it off some canadian for about 80$ used but it didn't leak so thats awsome. And forge is for life so why not. Here in canada they sell for about 250can$. I think there are better valve out there as of fitment and price but as i said i didn't pay 250 for it so it floats my boat. And the efficiency of this valve makes me want to constantly boost all the time. I guess you could say. One spool, one boost and it stays that way through shifting. I FUCKING LOVE IT!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Very nicely done. you should of done a pic how-too

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
damn that thing is monstrous!! haha

i wonder how it performs with regards to how an HKS Bypass performs? anyone have any idea? (my next upgrade from the BOV)

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
damn that thing is monstrous!! haha

i wonder how it performs with regards to how an HKS Bypass performs? anyone have any idea? (my next upgrade from the BOV)
are you going to be useing the HKS SQ that we have or are you going to buy the HKS SSQ? The SSQ does have an available recirculating valave that you can purchase but the SQ doesn't:(
Antval is using the SSQ recirculated and work real good

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
hmmm...that's an idea as well....i was actually thinking about buying the HKS "Racing" BPV...it can hold 2 bars of pressure (good for my "disco potato" i'm thinking of running)...and it's a little cheaper than the SSQ, it's around 170 bucks. I'm pretty much stuck with HKS because of the flange, because I don't feel like having another one made..haha

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The orange gasket maker on the bottom, you can see trails of it. It turned out to be unuseful. You don't need any with the glue i used and the way the charge o ring type tip goes into the ring i made in the original plastic pipe. So har to explain. Anyhow, next time i do anything ill try to have a camera handy, now that i know my girlfriend has one ill be borrowing it more often.

·
Registered
79 Posts
hey, if you ever get some spare time, could you take that bpv out and get some backside pics of how you mated the forge bpv flange to the stock bpv tube's flange. i definitely want to give this a try. I use a turboxs rfl bov and am getting sick of it. I usually shift below 3000 to keep the blow off quiet. id much rather use an upgraded bpv than a bov.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmm. i don't know if you will see much because the interesting stuff is the inside but sure i will take some pics of the backsides so it can give you an idea of how i did it.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
TR-mx6 said:
Hey sick, its not the same kind of valve as your post.
N.S. Sherlock

TR-mx6 said:
Yes it is a forgemotorsports valve but it was intended for a direct replacement for the subaru wrx sti.
Or an MX6 as it were. They still use the same construction only in a different package.

TR-mx6 said:
Oh and sick, just because you gave your input doesn't mean the entire subject is done and over with.
Never said it was. I said that I said that the Forge diverter valve is a superior design close to 6 months ago.

TR-mx6 said:
Not like you were god dude.
I have news for you, there is no such thing as God.

TR-mx6 said:
relax and let me and others experiment and maybe someday there will be something you didn't think about that sounds damn good to your ear and you'll try it too.
And you would have gotten one 6 months ago when I said that they were a superior design, you would have been having eargasms then instead of now. I installed mine for a different reason than you did though.

Damnit. I just wrote a whole page and it deleted:damnmad: I was explaining a better way to install it. In short, it's better to install it AFTER the intercooler, this way you're recirculating air than has been cooled by the intercooler rather than recirculating air that is fresh out of the compressor where it can easily reach 150+º

Granted this was a superficial test using the surface of the intercooler, but I have tested temperatures differences of 20+º from the top of the intercooler to the bottom tank of the intercooler. Now this might not seem like much, but stick your finger in 80º water and see what it does. Now stick your finger in 100º water and note the difference. As said, granted this was a superficial test but the inside is also somewhat the same. What the difference in temps from the inside top to the inside bottom, I haven't installed temperture probes yet to see real time. But it has to (at least somewhat) be the same type of difference.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126830

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Havent been around for awhile, but nothing changes....

SixSick6 said:
Never said it was. I said that I said that the Forge diverter valve is a superior design close to 6 months ago.
So because you said it is, it is?

SixSick6 said:
And you would have gotten one 6 months ago when I said that they were a superior design, you would have been having eargasms then instead of now. I installed mine for a different reason than you did though.
Because its shiny? LOL

I use a DSM bypass to vent my pipes, and swear by it.

WERD

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
SixSick6 said:
No, because it is Brandon.
I can respect that. I just don't see the need for why you implied that he did the install because you said it is superior and for no other reason alone. Perhaps I read wrong but the first thing I thought was damn dood get over yourself

I have no problem admitting i'm "wrong" if I got the wrong hint off that post, but thats just how it seemed. :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts