Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a very long and exausting search, i have found a place in oregon that
fabs up T3/T4/TDO5 ect. headers for F2 engines. They fabbed it up and i had it in about 3 weeks. The only thing that does not come made on the manifold is the CNC ported engine exhaust flange &
radius plate (fills the gap in between the log and the turbo flange). Do to the fact that some applications are different you need to be able to put the turbo in the spot you see fit. NO BIGGIE! Minor welding is required.
I am completely satisfied and am running it now with a T3 Holset HX-35
Turbo/550cc injectors/14psi 38mm wastegate/ Complete 3" Exaust.
Easy 300 Hp at motor. Well worth the $322.99 you pay for it, plus 12.99
for the tapped 38mm wastegate flange.
Here is the site.........
http://www.jgsturbo.com/index2.html
:jump:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
F2t Header

I do an exact have horsepower figure, so you might say i pulled it out of my butt. But, i can tell you its faster than an Evo 8 with only a few mods (nothing major) once im moving @ 18PSI. I have had it up to 20 PSI and to my surprise the motor holds it. For how long i don't know. But i run it at 15 PSI Daily. I have been a long time DSMer since parts are way way way more
available than on the F2Ts. But the little car has suprised me. Now if i could just keep it on the ground. Pictures are coming soon.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I bought one about three years ago and am very happy with it. :tup:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
In all honesty I think that the stock manifold with either a welded T3 flange or an adapter plate is a better way to go.

The JGS log manifolds and all log manifolds to some extent, are likely to cause more reversion and therefore higher manifold pressure than a manifold with a collector cone of some sort.
And yes the MX6-PGT stock manifold has a collector cone cast in.
Sure it's not pretty but it's better than all of your exhaust pulses bashing against each other.

Well it was untill everyone cuts a dirty big hole right through the centre of the cone to adapt their tial ripoff wastegates!

No seriously take a picture of one of those manifolds to a good exhaust fabricator and I'd be surprised if he didn't laugh.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with mx_masta. I looked into the JGS mani's when I was doing my t3 set-up and they didn't impress me at all. I ended up using the stock mani with a welded flange for a few months until I found someone to make a manifold for my set up.

I recommend that if you're going to go t3 either use your stock mani with a t3 flange welded on or spend the money to do it right. The spool and response on this manifold are awesome compared to the stock log style...

·
Registered
373 Posts
how long did it take that guy to make that header for you, that think looks amazing :)

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
I've seen that manifold once or thrice.

EDIT:
Turbo_Topher said:
The spool and response on this manifold are awesome compared to the stock log style...
I don't doubt it but the stock manifold isn't that much of a log to begin with. Take one and flip it over. Sure it could be cleaner inside but it's a cast iron mass produced product and as far as turbo manifolds go, is designed pretty well for the stock turbo or even a T3, even a much bigger. Again, take one out and flip it over, then go look at some of the other crap in the junkyards on turbo cars- take those out and flip those over too. The F2T manifold is actually pretty good and is far from being a log.

·
Registered
11 Posts
how long did it take that guy to make that header for you, that think looks amazing :)
Only took him 3 or 4 days, he's pretty busy or I'm sure he could do it faster. He did make a similar one for a mx6 a few years ago, that car ended up going 11.9 with a slightly larger turbo than what I'm using. I have no need to push my PGT that far however as it is my DD right now.

I agree Six, the stock mani is a very good design considering it's a factory piece but there's just no comparison between it and the new mani. Even transient boost response between gears has a noticeable gain!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts