Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious. I bought a chipped ECU (Xtremethings Performance - KLZE Porsche on Probe Talk.) for my KLZE, and everything was fine until I drove about 100+ miles, and started throwing codes.

The codes include the following:

8 - VAF
10- IAT
15 - LH02S Inactivation
16 - EGR System
23 - RH02S Inactivation
24- RHO2S Inversion Error
25 - FPR Control Solenoid
28 - EGR Vacuum Solenoid
29 - EGR Vent Solenoid

I've determined why i'm throwing 25 28 and 29, I don't have those solenoids plugged up. Duh. I also don't have the FPR control solenoid hooked up.

I was just wondering how many of you have it unplugged totally, without the solenoid on it. My theory was that this may be the problem, as the FPR uses the IAT and VAF to control pressure at certain temps......so this may throw the air/fuel ratio off, in turn screwing with the o2 sensors.......

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
778 Posts
just leave the solenoids plugged in without the vac lines attached! thats whats causing some of the codes.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm. I'm positive my o2's are old. If so, those could be the only things causing the check engine light I suppose. It appears according to some members (even probinator) that even when you chip the DE ecu, you will still get invisible codes for EGR, FPR, and the VAF system, but no light.

So I may just have bad oxygen sensors, but discovered all of these codes all at the same time. Mind you, I used the old sensors off of the blown up DE I swapped out......stupid move. I'll be ordering two new NTK's next week.....screw bosch.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i bought new denso 02 sensors from rockauto for less than 44 bucks each. no mods required

Hmm. I'm positive my o2's are old. If so, those could be the only things causing the check engine light I suppose. It appears according to some members (even probinator) that even when you chip the DE ecu, you will still get invisible codes for EGR, FPR, and the VAF system, but no light.

So I may just have bad oxygen sensors, but discovered all of these codes all at the same time. Mind you, I used the old sensors off of the blown up DE I swapped out......stupid move. I'll be ordering two new NTK's next week.....screw bosch.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i bought new denso 02 sensors from rockauto for less than 44 bucks each. no mods required
Cool deal. I appreciate that info. I can buy the NTK's for pretty close to that price ($54 a piece). Just not sure which to go with.....I've heard nothing but good things about NTK....and the same for Denso. So it's more of a preference choice I guess at this point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts