Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just washed her today. you can't tell but i left the lights on for [shizzle]s and giggles.

the driver's side is my 'red headed stepchild' side...bad fender, no mud flap, broken door handle, and dent from someone's crowbar underneath the rear 1/4 window when it was stolen before I purchased it. :tup:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Lookin good.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
holy giant pics batman...man those pics made me miss the stock front end. makes me remeber when I didn't have the kit. I kinda miss the stock look :(

nice work on the wash man but you missed a spot.............lol, just joking. looking good. btw what up with the drivers side door, is it damaged or was it just slighty open?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the comments!! :) yes, the driver's door was slightly open hahaha. i'm wondering how the stock wheels will look with some abrasive cleaner and some 400 grit wetsanding :)

only plans for the front, are maybe a postert bumper cover. if not, then it's going to be a lip and canards with some rear diffusers/splitters

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
those wheels don't have the factory clear coat over em do they? just wondering b/c when I had my 92 stockers I had bought this chemical that removed the coating and they looked like new after. to be honest I'm not sure about sanding(just have no experience with it), but I'm guessing it should be ok.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
don't know if they came with teh factory clear coat...but i've seen these wheels look almost polished. i'd like to resemble that..well at least the wheels lol

i might put on some mother's mag/alum polish, and use some cotton wood polishing fiber to see if that does the job.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
yeah thats how mine looked when I removed the clear coat, they looked polished, actually they are more shiny than the 88-89 one to being with though. but you can also polish th eedge and paint the center for that race look, that is if you like that look.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm usually full blown crazy looks like some 18" Konig Imagine's or Prophet's, or stock...haha

i was thinking of painting grey/gun metal, but there's lots of members and people that have that look...so don't want to copy TOO much...heh

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
yeah I hear ya, that was one of my main reasons I didn't get the gunmetal center w/polished lip version of my summer rims(got the Hyper silver with polished lip) instead. But now I want to change and go to that look b/c I figure my car is different looking enough with the kit/color and all to pull it off. So i', looking to sell my 17's+tires.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
the mazda symbol has faded on the grille :cry: time for the touch up paint job

im glad youre the type that is more concerned with whats under he hood, rather than putting stickers on your windo......oh wait :p

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol...well, the mazda emblem i painted flat black, like the rest of the grill. it looks faded because the number of rock chips it has...hahaha

btw, those stickers are probably coming off very soon. when i took it through teh car wash today, some of the letters were starting to come up...heh

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah...but not this time of the day...about 15 minutes after the pics, there were 25mph winds and horizontal rain :freak:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Nice pics. I have the faded mazda emblem on the front and I'm thinking of re painting it.

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
u need some rims, springs, and some tint homie!
btw why you have chrome trim around only the windshield :jump:

i'm gonna chrome out my window trim when i paint her here in a few months

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
maybe because it's an 89 homie ;)

hahaha

as for suspension, I might just do the fronts....the rears are fine for now, it's just the 3+" gap in the front is what's disturbing..lol (maybe some tokiko struts, stock springs)

tint is on the way...hopefully some 12% in the next few weeks ;)

and the wheels...they are gonna stay for now...but looking at some 195/45ZR rubber hehe

oh, and the mirrors and turn signals are going to be painted flat black and stained glass amber, respectively

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
it's just the 3+" gap in the front is what's disturbing..lol (maybe some tokiko struts, stock springs)
That won't fix the wheel gap problem though.. so with AAS the rears adjust too right? So with the stock rears, you can adjust the back but not the front right? That could be interesting...

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
wow, those pics were too big for MY screen, and i'm using a 24" widescreen!!

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
retsamaksrepus said:
That won't fix the wheel gap problem though.. so with AAS the rears adjust too right? So with the stock rears, you can adjust the back but not the front right? That could be interesting...
are you sure it won't fix the gap? tokiko struts in a Z with stock springs drop it 2" lower than stock.....

and yes, all four struts have the AAS motors. I actually think it would be nice to have a lowered from end, but keep the rear stock...because the rear is only about a 1.5-2" gap, instead of the almost 4" in front.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts