Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1007 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Here's the end I'm looking to patch int something.

found a place to ground in the trunk there is a bolt just under the tail light on the driver's side. Just have to figure out the positive and then bolt down the tray. Once those are done I can reroute my intake from the ground to behind the headlight. Eventually pipe it into the fender.

BTW the rats nest of wires will be cleaned up for forumfest!

·
Administrator
5,189 Posts
The ground can be attached to the rear seat bolts toward the center of the car. The positive cable has to be attached to the cable that would go to the + post on the battery. You can cut the connector off the cable and buy an aftermarket solution to join the two cables.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Car $1,000.00
keys $25.00
ignition silenoid $5.00
jack and lug wrench $25.00
power antenna $20.00
visors $20.00
Resonators $88.00
mandrel bends $40.00
exhaust work $100.00
control arm $60.00
intake elbow/ breather $30.00
fujita cone $55.00
belts $30.00
front motor mount $85.00
rear motor mount $95.00
pass motor mount $75.00
tires $386.00
front tires $190.00
rear endlink/strut mounts $60.00
Struts/springs $350.00
rear sway $40.00
tower braces $40.00
Shifter bushings $20.00
megan sts $20.00
fog light wiring $15.00
fogs $25.00
LED lights $35.00
Headlights $120.00
m edition tails $50.00
Clutch slave line $12.00
brakes $30.00
Battery relocation $50.00
TOTAL $3,196.00

trying to be as thorough as possible in my list of work done! I've owned this car for 2 years. I have put less that 20k on it and done all of this work to it. There's a few little things I chose not to include like title and registration fees and oil changes. As you can see I've gotten some good deals where I can and other places I've put money and didnt need to. This is a little before and after (a few things have still to be done before the car show on saturday)

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
here's a little before and after of my engine bay. The only difference in the first photo from when i bought it is there was electrical tape and rtv gasket sealant holding in the IAT!

All the stuff I have done has brought me to here. A show on saturday... my first show and there's so much more work I could have done! oh well when was the last time you saw a fsde 93 mx6 in a car show?

·
Registered
493 Posts
nice work man!! keep it up.. and have fun at the show! :tup: it takes time and patients to put everything together and it shows; she looks good.. where did u get the filter if u dont mind me asking and how much was it? :

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The tube was done prior to me getting the car, the elbow was a shucks buy with couplers and the filter itself was an online deal somewhere. I believe I spent 50 on it. I searched for a long time trying to find a good deal on a dry filter and fujita hit the top of my list.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
New Parts ordered!
Passenger axle
Transmission mount
Fuel Filter
Alt belt (ready for an ac delete)
ceramic brake pads for the front
some engine bay cosmetic pieces and lugs.

So when i get this stuff and fix the stuff wrong with my wife's car (torque mounts, possible engine mount and possible axle) I can get back on making this car top notch!

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Power stearing belt put on today, no I can leisurely start pulling out the ac stuff. Probably won't deal with any routing that goes into the cabin but for now shedding a little weight and the rotating mass is a good start.

We'll also see if the 50 offer I put on a fender goes through. They want a 120... I could get a new one for that.

Also should get my cosmetic engine bay pieces tomorrow. Headlight shrouds and a metal radiator shroud should help clean up two of the last engine bay things I want to do.

I want to do a small wire tuck and isolate the air filter like a lot of the newer cars do with cone filters by framing the cone around the air inlet with metal.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
New passenger axle, Ac pump pulled, New ceramic brake pads, Fuel filter and Installed some HIDs. Engine bay pieces are installed and tuner lugs are put on. That being said I have a lot of cleaning up to do before I put pictures on!

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Here is before I put on the cosmetic plastic pieces that go between the bumper and radiator support.

Here is ho my car lights up the night with the new HID's they are 10k xentec watt

Gonna go weigh my car later and see if it's lost any weight.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
So, made a goal today... By the end of winter I will have rebuilt all hlas, swapped the exhaust cam into the intake side and put in a corksport power series exhaust cam in its place. Since, some of the other stuff is a little bigger than I cam afford in 6 months these should be no problem.

I did weigh this thing the other day and with two 12 subs it weighed 2640lbs without me in it.
2860 with me... I'm 6'3" so I won't complain.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Installed my polyfilled transmission mount, found 2 loose bolts that weren't screwed in on the old mount. Well getting a set of z32 rims with 5mm spacers I think. 16" x7.5" probably gonna run 215/50 or 205/50 on them for now. If i ever win the lottery I'd run 235/45!
IN the process of taking apart, cleaning and sorting 16 used hlas. Gonna make sure they're prepped for when i swap the exhaust and intake cam and install the corksport power series cam.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Test fitted some z32 rims, rear hub on the drum brakes is a little snug. I have to get some 5mm spacers or 3mm to fit appropriately and the tires I fitted them with are 225/55. The front would have rubbed. I'm gonna get budget tires and run 205/50. The rim specs are
16x7.5 with a 45et and a 66.1cb.... Huge upgrade over the 14x6 and they look pretty close to stock.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
well the rims are fitted with new rubber and i love the new feel. It sticks to the road and I'm pretty sure the rims netted a 5 to 8 pound loss per tire.

being as how this is the first set of rims i've ever ran on a car and this being the first car I've ever "tuned" (term used loosely) I'm really starting to like this.

Ordered a used head today, gonna gasket match port and polish, arp head studs, try swapping the exhaust cam to the intake side and run bigger exhaust valves to help with cooling efficiency. If i get a wild hair I may replace the valve springs and retainers. the more work I do the more I want to do a dyno run, just to see where this thing is.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Donr, I am curious. With the 2.0 can we run basically 2 exhaust cams would it not gain anything? Do you have any idea? I was gonna go to pull-a-part grab a 2nd exhaust cam to throw in. But if it won't net a gain i won't waste the gas / money.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Apoarently its a gain.... I haven't done it but was told by a probe guy "it raps quickly and sounds like a drag car at idle..." Decrypting that make its sound like itll rev quicker meaning more low end torque and rumbled a little bit at idle. I think that is due to the 16* overlap. I haven't tried it but considering the corksport exhaust cam is 180 and the fsze intake cam is 259, I was thinking if trying it since ill have 4 cams between the two heads ill have. I would guess about 5- 8whp.... But there aren't very many people who do anything to this car so there isn't a whole lot of evidence other than guestimates and cam specs to go off of.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah i've read where people have done it for the KA24 (i know completely different car but same idea). So i've debated on getting a exhaust cam, and throwing exhaust cam into the intake side leaving my exhaust the same.

From what I have seen you and I are the only one's who have a passion for the 4cylinder. I don't know why, but i believe it's under rated big time.

If you find anything out for sure, let me know the numbers. I have thought about getting the corksport as well but if I can gain 5-8whp from a exhaust cam from the junkyard for 20$ vs 150$ i'll go with it then redo the heads.

·
Super Moderator
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
That's where I'm at. When I put the rebuilt head on i'll dump it but the numbers will be off since I'm doing other work as well, I'm gonna possibly put the power series exhaust in but my budget to get this head rebuilt is limited.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah I feel you on that. I am about to do a battery relocate with a custom made short ram intake. Me and a friend are looking at an attempt to swap a 02 Miata into it and keep it fwd. Not 100% sure though.

Personally I went with a 2.5 custom made mandrel bent exhaust and I love it. Borla muffler, if you want I'll upload a vid for you. I think it sounds 2x as good as the normal exhausts. Adds power and a unique tone. Even had a ZR1 vette owner say he was impressed.

41 - 60 of 1007 Posts