Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1003 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #963
Zach,

It will be. Unless it isnt. :)
Dude, this heap still isn't rollin yet? I'll be down there in 45 days...it BETTER be rolling by then.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #964
Upgrades! Trans will be in this weekend likely and hopefully a start up video soon.

Also a sneak peek at the AWR Transmission mount they're going to release!

This G-Series internal brace plate is now owned and made by Exile Motorsports. If you need one for your powered level or piece of mind get one but be warned you'll need the case machines in order for it to fit. It is supposed to help keep the case from flexing which sheers the gears.

More info and hopefully a video soon!

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #966
Wow! I was concerned you hadn't replied. Thanks for following and staying up to date!

I always like when surprise parts arrive. Used or Not.

Nate Harper is the real MVP. They need cleaned and a bit of work, but time to get rid of my old set up and join the coil over world.

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #968
Car is running and idling pretty good these days. I've went back and forth with Nate (Mentalbiker) at Mental Motorsports a few times getting the 700cc injectors dialed in. I'm just stalling until I can get an alignment after he fronted me some used coilovers.

The height will be dialed in at that time. Hoping to get some miles and tuning done to the car before traction becomes too much of an issue. Sorry for the sparse updates recently I've been focusing on family, work and updating the Facebook build page too much but will redouble my efforts to try and keep this page up to date as well!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I like the side emblem and the mini-spoiler. In the engine bay, there appears to be a bar of some sort connecting the 2 shock absorbers - what is that for ?

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #971
It's a "Bomz" strut tower brace. Unfortunately I dont think it has much function. It would be better if it was braced between the strut towers and at the firewall.

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
Going back to 2012 pictures..(on this 65 pg thread..lol..).. When you re did your exhaust.. did you loose the resonator, eliminate it and worked after it, to your muffler..?
..Never mind, I found what you did... " I think my exhaust sounds pretty good, right now, I have dual aero exhaust resonators mandrel bent 90's 2.5" piping from the header back and a dtm dual slant cut 3" tipped muffler".
The reason Im asking or looking is that my resonator is leaking, at the back end. I don't think I'd go 'your route'.. but for now, just looking to Patch it, to hold me over some. Thinking ..do I need the resonator?? - and maybe just a straight pipe there instead.. Actually, it sounds pretty cool right now....haha!
Just thinking.

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #973
Tj, The Kl sounds pretty good with an aftermarket muffler, cat delete and aftermarket resonator. My experience is that my motor sounded raspy without the resonator. It could also be from the 2.5" piping being s little too big for the 4cyl.

Still balking st driving the car more but I've done a few laps around the block and up and down the street a few time. Hoping this weekend to get an alignment and some drive time finally.

I've redone most the vacuum lines and a few other little things. My next big projects will be getting the stock tach to work and trouble shooting the starter circuit. It's been running the last few years with a push button and I hope to get the stock system to work again. Flicking the key just seems so much more natural.

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #974
Car is running pretty good. Took it for a drive, I look forward to finishing the tuning and seeing what power it makes.

https://youtu.be/uhwBuRGPIgM

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Not sure what the tow truck comment is supposed to mean.

But I see......2 red indicator lights on....no tach reading...temp gauge not moved

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Sometimes those gauge needles, tach, and speedo needles can be touchy. The snap ins to the flimsy foil type electrical connectors can give no readings. Other times, it is the gauge itself. I have had both problems.

Also had a code 13 electrical short on the air bag light. Never could find any obvious place causing that, so it was time to take out the light and disconnect the airbag system.

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #980
The idiot lights are for the air bag and for the brake lights. I have led tail lights without resistors installed so I'm not concerned with that. I haven't investigated the airbag light yet. I suspect it has something to do with moving stuff around at some point in time.

As far as the tach and temp gauge goes, well those arent plugged in because it has megasquirt. I have a temp gauge on the A pillar. I need to build a circuit for the tach to work and just havent had the time or want. The car would move faster if I shifted right every time but I'll get to it this winter.

The tow truck comment is like my comment on his thread about the recycled photos. Just a poke in the ribs to let him know he doesnt drive his car enough and only reposts old photos. His comment about the tow truck is the same thing on he doesnt believe the car actually runs.

I'll get some more video today of the car running. Going to take it to a local meet and see how it does.

961 - 980 of 1003 Posts