Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #983

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #984
https://youtu.be/LyCCeIJWfyA

Also this was the last pull I had before a grounding strap broke on one of the plugs and took out a valve. All that damage has been fixed and the car is being assembled in preparation for the new computer I'll be ordering tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #986
got questions...Re Airbag code 41. Searched a lot, on here and elsewhere, and can not locate where this sensor is located, and how to remedy the problem..

Looking for a soluton!
Air bag computer is under the dash to the right of the fuse box kick panel. I have yet to deal with the airbag stuff but have the fun dash light telling me there's a problem. :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Air bag computer is under the dash to the right of the fuse box kick panel. I have yet to deal with the airbag stuff but have the fun dash light telling me there's a problem. :)

Uh, so do you just let it B and enjoy the 'Flashing'.. ? Is this something to be concerned about..and hope we don't have a head on collision..?!?! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #988
To be honest mine is steady there's a way to diagnose it based on flashes just like the stock ecu.

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #991
I started an instagram that only the top photos and history will be shared on. It can be found under Friendsofdonr.

Car needs some more work but the engine bay is nearly complete.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I started an instagram that only the top photos and history will be shared on. It can be found under Friendsofdonr.

Car needs some more work but the engine bay is nearly complete.

That....Is so sweet, IMO...
Yeah, Im still a sucker for our MX6....!

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #993
Picked up a new sponsor last week. I need to check back with a wheel sponsor and see what kind of deals they're willing to give me and what their requirements are... but after my exam on Monday I will be hitting the ground running. If you're interested in getting new injectors they may have an option. Check out Fuel Injector Clinic! They were great to deal with and I look forward to putting these through their paces.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wow, I'm impressed. Definitely a clean car you've built. Glad you've taken the kit off of my car and pushing it to some impressive numbers!
Definitely exceeded my expectations. Too bad it's not local so I can go for a ride.

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #995
Thanks Metallargy!

I've made some progress in getting the car up and running, got some cerakoting done and after the holiday weekend will be putting some miles on it again!

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #996
I don't remember if I mentioned it but you can find me on instagram too #friendsofdonr or on facebook by searching friendsofdonr mx-6 build page.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Looks clean, I love the lowered look.
But what about the ride? does it rub/scrape,any noise? I wanted a lowered car but after riding in one and having one I'm ok with stock height on most cars. My mazdaspeed 3 rubs in the back and it's not even lowered I just have the next size wider tires.

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #999
Looks clean, I love the lowered look.

But what about the ride? does it rub/scrape,any noise? I wanted a lowered car but after riding in one and having one I'm ok with stock height on most cars. My mazdaspeed 3 rubs in the back and it's not even lowered I just have the next size wider tires.
With all the suspension mods on my car it rides amazing! No rubs or scrubs. I'm gonna stuff some larger wheels and raise it a bit, other wise aside from being a little rough... Zero complaints.

Im not as active here as I am on facebook and instagram anymore but I got some serious things in progress and mind for the future. Functional aero, flares, and some serious tires to actually hold my power goals. Shooting for 400+whp, but will see if I can get closer to 500whp and still be streetable and participate in hillclimbs and autocross.

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,000
I'm so far behind on updating this!

I got sponsored by EBC brakes! Im temporarily waiting on my rear yellowstuff pads, and have a full set of blue stuff pads being made in the UK which will be shipped to me next month. I have a custom cut set of BSD Rotors on the rear and off the shelf BSD rotors on the front. Im grateful to have the opportunity to review these and to give feedback on them when the time comes.

More so! I got a huge piece for my car today. A true OEM Mazdaspeed Spoiler!!!
Also some more posder coating and cerakoting came in. I don't know if I mentioned it, but kid icarus flew too close to the sun and detonated two pistons running a peak18.5psi on pump gas and 10.5:1 compression!
Oh snap... and a true 92 Cyclone steering wheel, and double fold center console lid! Thanks to twopedalwarrior for those piece. Which he surprised me with courtesy of another member from New Zealand.
Pics below of most everything...
IMG_20200203_114702_492.jpg

981 - 1000 of 1023 Posts