Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1046 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,021 ·
It's running again. Not quite mobile yet... but my lord I'm in love with this car again!

· Super Moderator
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,022 ·
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Center console
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet camaro Car Grille
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Automotive exterior
I actually got the car out to a meet last weekend. It was a friggin blast. I still got a lot of work to do but the car seems to be doing pretty well!

· Super Moderator
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,024 ·

I f-ing love this car! Drive it for a solid hour street tuning and breaking the motor in. Temp with the Ron Davis/ AWR Racing radiator never broke 185*! It's crazy cool. Pun intended.

· Registered
384 Posts
Don't mean to derail the thread. But I have been looking for some advise what product might be available to cover over a small hairline crack in the plastic dash. I tried modeling clay, which was perfect, but it was soft and stayed soft, so it would only last a week or so.

· Premium Member
3,065 Posts
Don't mean to derail the thread. But I have been looking for some advise what product might be available to cover over a small hairline crack in the plastic dash. I tried modeling clay, which was perfect, but it was soft and stayed soft, so it would only last a week or so.
Maybe plastic cement. Thin and clear..?!?

· Super Moderator
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,029 ·

I'm still here!

As far as your question @Goodbar im not actually sure what the correct way or long term fix would be!

On another note. I may have a website going live soon, as well as some new sponsor information to add!

· Super Moderator
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,032 ·

I got a few changes in mind for the car and will likely be posting up some progress photos as I go. I recently boughy a Scoote Hood skin that was originally on a Ford Probe and will be installing it on my mx6. I also sold my LSI Kit to move to a Mazdaspeed kit, keeping with the original intent of the spoiler. I'll also be running some very nice 5 spoke wheels in the future. This is a long play, but ultimately will function amazing.

I also bought a original World Challenge Time Attack Protege cylinder head that has upgraded valve springs, retainers, oversized valves, and some custom ground race cams! This is gonna be a huge upgrade over what I was running and will really allow the engine to breathe more air!

· Super Moderator
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,033 ·

In case anyone is curious what oversized valves and .475" of lift looks like! Yes it's an interferance engine now.🤣

· Super Moderator
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,035 ·
Got the hood in a semi finished state!

Have some new upgrades for the valve train coming soon!

This car is going to be an absolute blast.
Back in November I also launched a website where only the very top level details of my build will be featured.

· Super Moderator
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,036 ·

Not a lot to update but I did start some of the tuning process driving it the other day. We are buying a house! Sometime before the end of the month we close and I'll have a new home for the car and space NOT attached to the house with a heater to finally work on this in ways I've wanted to. Like painting it finally!

· Super Moderator
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,038 ·
I've been so slammed with the house. Managed to get a little surprise in though! Was offered a one time discount in a Duraflex Tko boss FD diffuser, had a commissioned Cartune of my car made AND have managed to get some killer shots of the car. Diffuser is still being fitted, and at first I wasnt sold on it until I got it outside and got to actually take it in. It will be paint matched eventually, but just rattle canned gloss black for now. Pictures of it on the car are just primered. If you want a sticker of my car feel free to DM me. They're $5 shipped in the US and $6 international with discounts for more than one ordered. Dm me for payment info. Pics below!

And pre diffuser...

1021 - 1040 of 1046 Posts