Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1021 - 1032 of 1032 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,021
It's running again. Not quite mobile yet... but my lord I'm in love with this car again!

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,022
IMG_20200915_131739_578.jpg
P1040246 (1).jpg
IMG_20200919_202456_685.jpg
P1040251.jpg
I actually got the car out to a meet last weekend. It was a friggin blast. I still got a lot of work to do but the car seems to be doing pretty well!

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,024

I f-ing love this car! Drive it for a solid hour street tuning and breaking the motor in. Temp with the Ron Davis/ AWR Racing radiator never broke 185*! It's crazy cool. Pun intended.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Don't mean to derail the thread. But I have been looking for some advise what product might be available to cover over a small hairline crack in the plastic dash. I tried modeling clay, which was perfect, but it was soft and stayed soft, so it would only last a week or so.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Don't mean to derail the thread. But I have been looking for some advise what product might be available to cover over a small hairline crack in the plastic dash. I tried modeling clay, which was perfect, but it was soft and stayed soft, so it would only last a week or so.
Maybe plastic cement. Thin and clear..?!?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am looking for something that will completely hide the hairline crack. That modeling clay was perfect, except it wore off because it stayed soft.

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,029

I'm still here!

As far as your question @Goodbar im not actually sure what the correct way or long term fix would be!

On another note. I may have a website going live soon, as well as some new sponsor information to add!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looking like a clean machine ! I was at the junkyard this weekend. A few 626 there, an 89 Ford Probe, even a 929. For the crack in the plastic dash, the best solution I came up with is a small black pipe cleaner and glued it on. Looks good.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The polymer modeling clay would be perfect to use for this type of repair. But to harden it, you have to put it in an oven for a short time.

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,032

I got a few changes in mind for the car and will likely be posting up some progress photos as I go. I recently boughy a Scoote Hood skin that was originally on a Ford Probe and will be installing it on my mx6. I also sold my LSI Kit to move to a Mazdaspeed kit, keeping with the original intent of the spoiler. I'll also be running some very nice 5 spoke wheels in the future. This is a long play, but ultimately will function amazing.

I also bought a original World Challenge Time Attack Protege cylinder head that has upgraded valve springs, retainers, oversized valves, and some custom ground race cams! This is gonna be a huge upgrade over what I was running and will really allow the engine to breathe more air!

1021 - 1032 of 1032 Posts