Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1041 - 1046 of 1046 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,041 ·
Must be roasting in Portland this weekend
I drove yesterday in 100* heat. It wasn't the worst experience of my life but pretty miserable with no ac and no fans. That said the car did great with the only exception being an oil leak causing it to smoke when I stopped.

Overall about 60miles on the car yesterday likely putting about 100-120miles on the engine total! I'm much more confident in bringing the car out and driving it longer distances now. Oil pressure was good the entire time, afrs need work, but after reviewing logs coolant temps averaged sub 190* with a peak of 206*. The hood and radiator are working perfectly! Intake temps peaked at 122* but I'm not too concerned with that yet as I havent broke 8psi yet and that feels pretty low still!

Also starting to experience torque steer again. 7psi on this setup (9.3:1cr and a bigger turbo), is feeling like 11psi on the old setup (10.5:cr and a smaller turbo) and it's like 30% dialed in. I guess that's to be expected considering all the changes Ive made since last time. World Challenge Protege Cylinder Head and Cams, bigger turbo with newer tech, and lower compression.

· Super Moderator
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,042 ·
Not a whole lot to report these days, other than I had an absolute blast since I've last update this thread and looking forward to painting the car, and getting it on the dyno finally.

Need to adjust fuel pressure or diagnose the duel pressure issue, then a few more tweaks to the tune on the street. I've had the car just over 22psi of boost, and looking toward 25psi as the stopping point before I hit the dyno. This thing absolutely screams up top and spools extremely quickly.

Oh and back in September I won my first trophy for "Best Engine Bay" at the first annual City Limits Show. I got the chance to attend the ES Fest Show as well, losing this year for best mazda to an utterly perfect Fd, which hurt less than losing to a miata the last time I was there.
Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive design Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive parking light Tire

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

· Super Moderator
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,043 ·
OMG I just realized I haven't posted here in a while! The car is still going strong. Over the last year I have painted the car twice... popped the head gasket on the dyno, lost the fuel pump, and picked up 3 new sponsors! Car is looking quite nice. Last virtual dyno run was showing 46ftlbs of torque and 530whp on 100oct gas. 9.3:1 Compression and 24,5psi of boost from a pte5557. Enjoy a small photo dump, with the new OLD wheels.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Sky

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

Tire Automotive parking light Car Wheel Sky

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

· Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
Looks fricken awesome.. Great work there for sure. Engine looks fabulous. Gotta be the most impressive 6 out there. Impressive work. Kudos to you.!!
This Mother, just rolls back in to the threads like everything is ok and he's been posting every day... what a guy ;) Miss you buddy!

· Super Moderator
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,046 ·
🤣🤣🤣

I lost track of when I updated this last. I'll make an attempt to better myself.

1041 - 1046 of 1046 Posts