Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 93 MX6 LS an i also have another car which is a 96 Mazda Protege LX. Both are auto sadly, but there is a kid with a 98 Civic EX that wants to race, he has just an exhuast besides that its pretty much stock besides apperal mods. I know everyone say's civic are slow but there is one in town that has 600 HP. So im wondering if any of you think i have a chance? An his civic is an auto as well?

·
Registered
763 Posts
my friend has a 5 speed 98 EX with greddy catback and aem intake....let me just say that it is real slow and no comp to my 2.5L 5 speed LS...you should take him if both are automatics....

·
Registered
5,178 Posts

frist

\Frist\ (fr[i^]st), v. t. [OE. fristen, firsten, to lend, give respite, postpone, AS. firstan to give respite to; akin to first time, G. frist, Icel. frest delay.] To sell upon credit, as goods. [R.] --Crabb.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In other words im tryin to say this is my frist race with this car. it feel's like for stock its got some ball's but i didnt know aginst other car's how it compares?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
SixSick6 said:
If you aren't careful, your frist race could be your last. Or you could kill someone else in the course of your frist race. If this is your frist time racing, take it to the track instead of the street, you'll live longer as well as everyone else around you.
i used to be on that anti-street racing bandwagon, but now i see that no one really cares if people like you pop in once in a blue moon and say something against street racing...we're still gonna do it no matter what anyone says, so save your 25 seconds of typing for elsewhere on the boards :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
well, ill put in my two cents.....yeah you'll win. ive taken down...

99 ex turbo w/ 6psi
89 civic w/ b16 swap
93 civic hatch w/ simple bolt ons(intake, headers, exhaust)

......then again i did just get a swap done about 2 weeks ago. but when i had the stock motor in there i took down the 89 civic and the 93. both were stick, so am i, but they are slow man. easy kill. :D

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
how far is columbus from Cecil? come to the next test n tune down here at SGMP...run some of our honda's down here and lets see whats up with your mx6 :) we got a few EF's with B16's running 12's, and id like to see how you stack up against them...and even a couple single cam turbo EK's ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well it snowed up here so we called it off until it clears now which sucks, but i think im gonna take the mx6 out sometime an give a 0-60 test an see what i can get? An tell me if you even think that could beat anythin lol. Like i said old car was a 96 protege.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
mx654321 said:
99 ex turbo w/ 6psi
89 civic w/ b16 swap
93 civic hatch w/ simple bolt ons(intake, headers, exhaust)
youre stock? i wouldnt call those easy kills.... things rarely go perfectly. ive never raced a turbo honda though, cant comment there. but the b16 swap....ill give em some credit:cool: heh maybe its cos im loosing a heap of top end speed and power

edit: just noticed your swap, your profile said stock

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
yeah but figure this. the guy has tons of audio installed on the car. real heavy. but the sohc turbo isnt that big of a deal. i have a buddy in chicago area that has a d16y8 boosted and with it tuned and at 9psi, he's running only low 15's. so this 99 ex at 6psi is only pushing about.....id say 150 to 160 at the crank id say? maybe a lil more? not sure. but at that time yeah my car was stock....except for the fact of the rear interior taken out. i mean im not dissing on the sohc civics, but you have to have that turbo tuned real well to have good times, and a good driver.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts