Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys
Just a short post to let you all know I’ve replaced my rear head cover gasket successfully!!!
I am thoroughly impressed with my self, and when I had all the bits of I did a bit of customising. I’ve sprayed both head covers blue and I buffed up the inlet manifold and coated it with a clear lacquer........
It looks "SWEET!!!!!"
The other thing I did was I gave the manifold a b!oody good clean out....IT WAS FILTHY!!!, I left it soaking in solvent and got an old home brew bottle brush and gave it a good scrub..{I had a carbon tune done on her 3 months ago what a wast of money} When I took her for a spin after I put her all back together .............ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM............the power; what a difference! She whistles like a turbo! She really hammer’s.
Any way needless to say I'm pretty happy with the results.
See ya in my rear view mirror...
PK
})

·
Registered
621 Posts
Well Done PK! Post some pics of your new head covers! Any chance of posting a step by step for this process. I know the organisers of the board are going to start to call for submissions from people for "How-Tos" so that we can share our knowledge around a bit better.

BTW... I thought I was doing well - this weekend I managed to change the oil, oil filter air filter on my wifes Tarago. That took me most of the weekend!!! LOL!!

I still have to change the ATX and DIFF fluids and the fuel filter. Can't for the life of me find the fuel filter!

Also, how the heck are you supposed to be able to pour atx and diff oil into the holes when they're under the car???? Anybody done anything like this???

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey R.D.
I'll take some pictures right now!! and send them to WOO.
I never thought to take any picks during the operation. But I could certainly "Talk some one threw it"
OH! And with the diff oil you eater use a pump or a long hose and a funnel {long enough to get the funnel end higher than the diff :) PK

G

·
0 Posts
Did you use high temerature paint/laquor; either way can you give us some deatils of the brand etc.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy Dru
I bought some Holts 'Dupli Color' engine enamel, {it's in a spray can}, for the blue and a Holts 'Dupli color' High heat clear gloss. It goes on easy, just like normal paint, you just have to run the motor {when you're finished}to cure it. I have used 'power plus' paint in the past to do the same job and it is just as good.. :)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right said Fred, You can get a white flameproof paint {exhaust paint } but the finish is mat. However you can paint on a topcoat of gloss...{but the gloss is no good on an exhaust .You get it in a spray can and I think power plus make it..
OO-RU
PK
;)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
thats for my valve cover, ive painted it with Epoxy pain that went cream on me and now does not mach exterior.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Howdy freddy
I painted my genie headers on my 323 with flameproof paint, about 2 yrs ago. And thay are still pure white.

:cool: PK

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I finally got the pictures out of my camera of the engine paint job, I had a d!cky lead/plug, and when I put a new one on the site went down! So this is defiantly a bleated entry to the thread, but never the less here it is!!

I also took one of my 323 engines so freddy can see the white paint on the extractors.{and so every one else can have a gander. The paint has started to flake off a bit, but that’s more to do with bad preparation}

‘SWEEEET’--‘A’:cool:
“De-ba’de-ba'de-ba'..... That’s all folks”
PK

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
nice work, on a closer expection of the 323 valve cover it was noted that it said MAZDASPEED 323....... im sory on this one i have to say WHA????

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No thine eyes dust not deceive you ....
It does say mazda speed . It could say Pork chop speed.. It’s just a sticker man!!
I put it on under the clear coat.. I know very 'rice' job
I was only 19 when I did it; I didn't know any better.
There is nothing I hate more on a car than Bull Sh!t stickers on it. ----WE SAY SPORTY YUM BOY COLA MEGA TORBO GO FAST LA....
BUT IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
ahhh....."i was young, and desparte...... i needed extra horses. so i put a sticker on"

theres no prob wel all have done stupid things

1 - 15 of 15 Posts