Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may or may not know I traded my 6 for a rx7 and that I had to travel to ohio to get it. 24 hours of no sleep and work the next day I knew it was gonna be a fun ride.

the pit stop in PA

and the quest finally over

she will be missed, but I'll get another...

·
Registered
156 Posts
What plans do you have for the 7, a little tlc and that thing will look sharp. Nice.. 24 hr road trip is always killer, good tunes some junk food mountain dew :tup:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The the front bumper rattlecaned? The whole thing looks pretty oxidized. Try attacking the paint with some rubbing compound. It'll bring the shine right out. I used to have a red car oxidized just as bad and it looked brand new after some rubbing compound and a wax. Is anything done to the engine of it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Quick BB the 7 is worth round $1,900 the 6 $2,400. BB wont let me go older than 1990, so thats for a 90. Would have been better if they had delivered the car, still if your happy thats all that matters.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok to anwser all of your questions at once, motor is rebuilt now has 1100 on motor, body is 64xxx. stock everything, getting a corksport exhaust today.
Plans: repaint red, white FD rims, short shifter, get this body kit K070020 - 1986-1988 Mazda RX7 Series 4 FC Air Dam - FRP | Kaminari, corksport spoiler, turbo? Thats all i can think of right now. lol

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
May not seem a good trade but, clean and stock - low milage(rebuilt) RX7s are harder to come by. especially that vintage. I say good trade and if you are satisfied then more power to ya.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Im surprised everyone is disliking this trade! I think it was great if its got a rebuilt motor with only 1100 on it. Needs a full paint job and a little TLC but that thing will be ultra vintage clean in a matter of seconds.

·
Registered
449 Posts
YO! get your hateraid out of this thread. Personaly to finda rx7 in that shape and that year with that low miles? GTFO. That was A steel for you david. Looks like just some dings and den't and a Paint job and some FD's and your set.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I approve wholeheartedly of this trade.

Clean cheap MX6s are all over craigslist. Low mileage RX7s are not.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
^ You either did not look at all or you didn't look hard enough... You can find way more low mileage RX-7 than MX-6 on Craigslist.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
^ You either did not look at all or you didn't look hard enough... You can find way more low mileage RX-7 than MX-6 on Craigslist.
I actually look every day. For both. :p

Based on my CL findings, i would never pay more than $1500 for a stock-ish clean 2g MX6. And it's an MX6... i wouldn't care to pay a premium for a low mileage one. They're a dime a dozen.

The RX7, yeah, you can find completely beat to shit ones for the same money as a clean MX6 usually, but any nice one seems to fetch $3k or more around here, even with high miles.

Any RX7 in equal shape with equal miles to a 2g MX6 is going to fetch more money. You can't really argue that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts