Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. As I have mentioned at my previous threads, I am about to buy a wrecked Efini MS8. But it is ganna be a bit pricey ( around 1700 USA dollars) for its air con and the whole KLZE engine with its peripherals including its ECU. What do you say? Would it be a good deal?

Could you please guys tell me who have made this swap that is the performance difference huge? What do you feel on the road ( torque, top speed)?

Secondly, could you please guys tell me who have made ATX-MTX swap that have you ever had some times you feel regretful doing so? Don'T you miss ATX? :p
:jump:

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
I do not miss my ATX for anything even after all the trouble I have had to endure to get it setup correctly.

For some odd reason I have to replace my entire wiring harness with one from a MTX.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Hughes46 used to sell kits he had put together from his massive stock pile of parts, not sure if he has any left though. you can find a parts list and walkthrough in the projects forum. Its fairly accurate and complete although not 100%

·
Registered
288 Posts
Its the same ATX and MTX harness. Just needs to do some wiring.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How will I not blow up the ECUs?

Its the same ATX and MTX harness. Just needs to do some wiring.
I have been try'ng to swap the transmissions, ECUs and the harnesses from ATX car to MTX one and vice versa right now. Please tell me what should I care for while connecting the cable sockets and what should I do in order to stifle blowing up the ECUs for both cars? The car that I got the MTX belongs to one of my friends BTW. I am not a qualified electrician

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 1995 mx6, and i want to swap the motor for a KLZE but i don't know if it will pass smog, by that i mean in the state of California. Bc i love my car, and like all mx lovers, we don't want to give them up.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
@antonio: a ze will not pass smog as it does not have an egr port.

@atlantis:there's not too much to watch out for. If you are swapping harnesses+transmissions just make sure everything is plugged in. The only easy way to blow the ecu is to short it out, and as long as all the plugs are intact that's a difficult feat. You shouldn't have to worry about frying anything as long as your not cutting+splicing wires.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have a 1995 mx6, and i want to swap the motor for a KLZE but i don't know if it will pass smog, by that i mean in the state of California. Bc i love my car, and like all mx lovers, we don't want to give them up.
get turbod your car Antonio720, that would be better than KLZE. There would ve a lot of headache and you will be getting mere 40ps...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

@atlantis:there's not too much to watch out for. If you are swapping harnesses+transmissions just make sure everything is plugged in. The only easy way to blow the ecu is to short it out, and as long as all the plugs are intact that's a difficult feat. You shouldn't have to worry about frying anything as long as your not cutting+splicing wires.
I was unlucky, because the ECU was broken before than me and the donour car was running with LPG so that I did not manage to realise ECU fault. Anyway, everything ( harness+MTX) has been completed now and I am trying to fix the ECU. I have bought a second hand ECU from USA and if it does not run the car, I will use its certain chips for replacement...
I had a different thread about this, please check :)

I have a broken ECU now. My mechanic has found out that 2 or 3 chips on it, needs to be renewed. As you guess it is nearly impossible to find their replacements and I do not wanna pay fortune for the brand new ECU!!! My car is from Germany.

My ECU code is KLA4 18881 and I have found a second hand ECU, which it is code is KL57 18 881C from USA spec V6 MTX car. You can see it from ebay auction and I have bidded for it already so that I am waiting for it to get received.
OEM Mazda 626 MX-6 MX6 ECU ECM Computer #KL57 18 881C:eBay Motors (item 220369415148 end time Jun-24-09 06:19:14 PDT)

My question is ( my car is V6 manual hatchback ). Will this ECU work with my car? If not, why not? Everything looks identical when I observe the ECUs! If it does not work, I guess I can use its chips for reparing my original ECU.
I would like to hear your opinion please... Cheers!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Which way is the right one?

I would like to ask you one tricy ouestion and would be happy if you give your comment.
There are two possibilities for me right now; swapping my whole harness with MS8's one ( this is tricky because of right hand drive and left hand drive issue and dashboard is completely different so that instrument cluster sockets ) or just swapping the engines ( from KLDE to KLZE ) and using my existing MTX harness.
What do you ssay? which one s easier?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was unlucky, because the ECU was broken before than me and the donour car was running with LPG so that I did not manage to realise ECU fault. Anyway, everything ( harness+MTX) has been completed now and I am trying to fix the ECU. I have bought a second hand ECU from USA and if it does not run the car, I will use its certain chips for replacement...
I had a different thread about this, please check :)

I have a broken ECU now. My mechanic has found out that 2 or 3 chips on it, needs to be renewed. As you guess it is nearly impossible to find their replacements and I do not wanna pay fortune for the brand new ECU!!! My car is from Germany.

My ECU code is KLA4 18881 and I have found a second hand ECU, which it is code is KL57 18 881C from USA spec V6 MTX car. You can see it from ebay auction and I have bidded for it already so that I am waiting for it to get received.
OEM Mazda 626 MX-6 MX6 ECU ECM Computer #KL57 18 881C:eBay Motors (item 220369415148 end time Jun-24-09 06:19:14 PDT)

My question is ( my car is V6 manual hatchback ). Will this ECU work with my car? If not, why not? Everything looks identical when I observe the ECUs! If it does not work, I guess I can use its chips for reparing my original ECU.
I would like to hear your opinion please... Cheers!
my problem was same kla4 broke in europe.. i didnt find any replacement ecu, only new replacement 400$. but i sell a caar for parts..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts