Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy speakers for the front and rear for my MX-6 94. Could I go with 5*7 front and rear? Or are the speaker sizes different?

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think you would benefit a lot in sound quality from a nice set of components at the front. I installed 5.25" components in the front and 5"x7" in the back (Boston Acoustics), and the sound is really smooth, specially the highs in the front. I had to make an aluminum plate that would mount to the stock speaker housing holding the 5.25" midrange, but it was really easy. I insulated the back of the speaker to avoid moisture and the window clears no problem all the way down. But as always, cost is the great equalizer. Components do cost more but I still think you should pursue those. I bought the entire set from Kromer Radio in TO -- I know the manager so he always gives me discounts on toys!
Anyways, there is an electronics sale that's happening this coming weekend (8-Jun to 10-Jun) at the International Centre. I've been to the past few sales and they always come up with some pretty good deals on stuff -- check it out! If you decide with components, I can help you with those aluminum plates if you'd like -- I live in Brampton.

Later,
Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts