Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying a front and rear strut bar. Which brand do you guys recommend? Which brand will give me the least amount of problems? Which one will not require ANY modification to install? And lastly, which site is the best to buy it? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I am also in the process of trying to get hold of strut bars for my car. I have been reccomended to try http://www.corksport.com they are modifying their strut bar at the moment and a new one will be out in January. (thanx JPMX6GT and HKSmx6)

$150 approx. plus shipping.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That long?

January?! =) I wanted a pair now! hehe. Thanks. Do those have ANY fitting problems? Any modifications neccesary? I hope now, because I would like to install these myself.

G

·
i think the problem with them is that they either hit the hood or sat way too close to the intake manifold...either way, they wouldn't sell me the front strut bar...but i didnt check on the rear...im assuming there isnt a problem with that one and honestly it would probably do more for your car than the front bar would. the mx6 front end is already pretty strong but the rear needs alot of help, so if they sell you the rear bar, let me know cuz i need one too!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey, im probably getting hooked up with a freedom design front strut bar for $100 from a local shop.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
if we r talking about the strut tower bar then i have one from ractive fits right, bought it form summit

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
lets not forge the improvement sway bars can bring to the handling! I 'd also look into at least a rear sway bar.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ractive bars!

I need the Ractive ones! Front and back! Where can I get them? Another thing, if the Corksport strut bars are currently unavailable, then why do people keep on telling me to go there? =)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Ractive Strut Bars

Yeah i got them from Corcksport a while back. let me tell you, the rear bar is the same as the front bar, brackets and all! If they sell you the rear one, then get 2 and slap it in the front. Some peeople have had problems as far as it rubbing on the hoor or rubbing with th emanifold when reving the engine or accelerating fast. This was easily solved by bending the bar a little. If you measure each MX6/PGT, you'll find that the clearance varies from car to car. That's why I had no problems on my car and some couldn't even get it to fit. But one thing I'll tell you straight out, the rear bar is the same as the front.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts