Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my front driverside axle just went out, i was taking off and it would just click when i let out on the clutch. so i pushed it out of the way and looked back and found two ball bearings sittin in the driveway. adn now i'm tryin to get the damn hub nut off and having no luck at all. god damn car

·
Registered
711 Posts
The best way to get it off is with air. But I guess you don't have any. The next best way is to put a bar in between the studs for the lug nuts. Make sure it is long enough to hit the ground. this will keep the hub from turning. Then get your socket and ratchet and long pipe. This has taken off some REAL stubborn axle nuts at work. This also allows you to do it by yourself!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
done

well me and a couple friends did the whole thing today, we ended up chiseling and drilling the nut off. before i did that i had my friends dad who is like 6'5" 350 lbs pry at the thing w/ a real long socket wrench and it didn't even budge. after that it was pretty easy though, o except that the ball joint is screwed up now, cuz we had to take a screw off that connects the ball joint to the wheel adn then the bolts threads got screwed up puttin it back in so i think the new bolt is not fittin right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts