Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems everytime i turn around, something new breaks on my car. lol. Well this time its my front bumper. its hanging off on the corner of the passenger side. Its right where the side marker light is at. The holes that they screws go into to hold the bumper on are cracked on all of them. For some reason its still on tight in the front and on the drivers side but the passenger side is really bad. Is there some kind of glue or tape i can use to hold it on the screw that wont look ugly? Thanks for any help again.

·
Registered
737 Posts
You could even try drilling a hole on the inside of the bumper and use a zip tie to hold the bumper to the screw, kind of ghetto, but it works.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
You could even try one of those black paper clip thingies. I put one on my friends civic about 6months ago and its still on there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just did this mod a few days ago. I used some 1/16 inch aluminum and cut it out the same size as the bumper. (it is about 8 inches long, running from the wheel well toward the front of the car. I used cardboard stock, the thin paper board kind, and created a template by laying a peice inside the bumper and tracing the outline with a marker.) I then cut out the paper board and traced that image on the aluminum. i used a jig saw with a metal blade to cut it out. I then used a file to smooth the edges. After that I place the aluminum peice between the bumper "cover" and the hard plastic that is under the cover. i took my handy-dandy cordless drill and fastened the 3 pieces together with pop rivets. The rivets are slightly noticable due to the fact that they are aluminum, but I plan on painting them with touch-up paint.

That bumper is never sagging again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts