Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had such a hard time getting it to break loose that they've broken their favorite ratchet? I was seriously getting attached to this craftsman ratchet but I guess I'll have to learn to love again when I go trade it in. More on point though, how tight are that bolt and nut supposed to be?

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
No.... Mine has been removed so many times though. 4th transmission for me.

When I did my motor swap I cracked 4 craftsman sockets. Each in 3 places. Also broke a craftsman ratchet. Ohhh yes theyre going back.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That bolt wasn't that tough for me....try an air tool if available....I did when I came across a couple of tough ones.....or just a good breaker bar so u don't break the rachet.
I got a bid heavy duty breaker bar from discount and it works great, much better than craftsman or stanley or Huskey

·
Registered
918 Posts
Definately a breaker bar application. You need torque for any of the numerous 17mm nuts and bolts found on these cars.

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
free replacement (of tool parts)

Dyoel182 said:
Has anyone else had such a hard time getting it to break loose that they've broken their favorite ratchet? I was seriously getting attached to this craftsman ratchet but I guess I'll have to learn to love again when I go trade it in.
GT91 said:
Also broke a craftsman ratchet. Ohhh yes theyre going back.
Last time I broke a Craftsman ratchet, they let me keep it (along with a "kit" with which to rebuild it).

Maybe different in USA. Let us know how you make out with the replacement.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've heard of them doing that before but never had it happen. I wouldnt mind rebuilding it, but I'll make sure to do it right there on their counter hopefully holding up the line and using their snap ring pliers.

·
Registered
440 Posts
to get that bolt lose on my car we just jused a 1meter long pipe and slided it over the wrench (?) and a nother litle wrench on the other side, just had that one slite to it stuck on somthing hard (engine/frontplate) i had the most problem on the back motor mount...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts