Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time for brakes all the way around my MX-6 and my sisters MX-6. We both have a problem with warping front rotors so I was wondering what we could do about it (besides avoiding hard stops). Does someone make "warp-proof rotors" or do cross drilled rotors not warp as easily? Thanks for your input! - Andrew

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Actually cross drilled rotors are more prone to warp than regular rotors. Whatever you do don't get the el-cheapo brand rotors from places like Pep-Boys or the like. I've read a lot of horror stories about cheap rotors warping or causing the pads to wear out faster than rabbit in heat. I don't know what specific generic brand to get but if anything you can try to get the rotors from a Mazda dealer, though they will rip you a new arse hole with the price.

If you're looking for nice aftermarket rotors, I would simply get Powerslot rotors with axxis metal master brake pads. That's what I have sitting in my "parts room" waiting to be installed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I read that the main reason for rotor warp is not torquing up the lug nuts correctly (correct order and correct torque)

Also don't clean your car and splash water over nicely hot rotors

·
Registered
305 Posts
A good brand to get is Brembo. (They are about $150 a set of front cross drilled rotors) They are quite sturdy and should go the distance if installed properly. Check your torque specs before installing them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts