Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aiight, here's the thing. I got my back speakers out with no problem and im getting 4 new 5X7's tomorrow. Now I need to know what to do to get the front ones out. Do I have to take the whole door panel off? Are they even 5X7's up there? If so how do I go about doing this when I have power locks and windows? (94 MX6 LS) I probably sound like I dont know anything about cars, but I do, just not this one. haha. Well any instructions or advice would be appreciated seeing how I am going to learn my car inside and out by the end of next month.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The doors have 5x7's in them so your 5x7's should bolt right in. You do need to take the whole door panel off to get them out (I know because I have my front door panel off right now as I'm installing my power locks.) To get the panel off, remove all the plastic clips (3 or 4) including one on the end of the door above the catch. Then undo all the screws. There is one hiding at the bottom of the door handle under a piece of felt, and another one behind the lock switch, which you can only remove with the switch in the unlocked position. Then, pop out the plastic cover over the lock and handle. I think there are two or three other screws that aren't too hard to find. Once all the screws and clips are removed, the bottom of the door panel is held on by several clips, which will pop out as you carefully pry the panel away from the door. Finally, lift the panel up and the top seal will come free from the top of the door. Then you can remove the wire harnesses to the window/mirror switches and the curtesy light. Good luck :).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man thanks a lot. i bought all my speakers today (4 cerwin vega 5X7's) and got them all in. i was going to get the pioneers, but i like the sound of the vegas a little bit more. the back ones fit right in except for the grilles...i had to shave the supports on the bottom of the grill out because the mid and tweeter stuck up a little bit too high, i guess it was only made for that dual cone crap. after that tho the front was nice and easy, i had no problems getting the doors off (thanks for the help)and the speakers fit right in. the only thing is i think im oging to line the doors with dynamat or something because they rattle a litte bit, they are pretty hollow doors. and the drivers side door handle rattles on the outside of the car when my stereo is on (there's a TBS on that) so i dont know what im going to do. other than that i just had to shave the inside of the front girlles too and it went right back on. thanks for the help again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts