Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

FS: 1989 Mazda MX6 GT (5speed)

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Kayez 
#1 ·
The car:
It's a 1989 Mazda MX-6 GT Turbo with a 5speed. The body has 261,000km on it, while the motor has just over 90,000km on it. This car was maintained at Probart Mazda in London between 1989-2001 and has recieved dealer quality work. There are recipts dating back the original purchase along with a summary of all repairs and costs.

Problems:
Will require two new CV boots, and a front wheel bearing. (The CV's aren't clicking yet, but new axels would be suggested anyways).
Ther clearcoat on the hood has faded.
Primer spot above rear passenger tire.

Recently added:
New alternator (3yr warranty)
New starter (3yr warranty)
New 3" exhaust from the downpipe back
New shifter bushings from Ford to clean up the gear selection
Cone filter and adapter plate to replace cracked air filter box.

The car is in excellent running condition. The car doesn't burn a drop of oil between the 4500km oil changes. The turbo boosts great and gives you a heck of a kick in the pants after about 2800rpm. I have kept very good care of this car and it has served me well. It's pretty damn quick to boot. The tranny shifts well (after the rotted bushing were replaced), it accelerates like a demon.
Overall, it's an amazing car.

I'm asking $700 for it.

It's got a valid E-test on it until May of next year. The car is also currently on the road and in proper driving condition.

See less See more
#3 ·
Man, if only I had $700 right now...

2 6's would be nice...1 for the summer, 1 for the winter :(

#6 ·
Hello, I've been looking at this forum for a while now but I haven't actually been a registered member since today. I would just like to know if there's a photo of the car you're selling (photobucket says you've exceeded the bandwidth, therefore I can't see the pics) and if it's still available. I don't know much about cars to be honest, so roughly how much would it cost to fix the problem (CV boots and wheel bearings)?. I'm in the market for a used car since it takes me about 15 mins from my house to the bus stop and it's gonna be hell for me when winter comes.

By the way, to introduce myself, I'm Anthony from Scarborough Ontario. Nice to meet you all.

#7 ·
arcane929 said:
Hello, I've been looking at this forum for a while now but I haven't actually been a registered member since today. I would just like to know if there's a photo of the car you're selling (photobucket says you've exceeded the bandwidth, therefore I can't see the pics) and if it's still available. I don't know much about cars to be honest, so roughly how much would it cost to fix the problem (CV boots and wheel bearings)?. I'm in the market for a used car since it takes me about 15 mins from my house to the bus stop and it's gonna be hell for me when winter comes.

By the way, to introduce myself, I'm Anthony from Scarborough Ontario. Nice to meet you all.
you looking at 75 bucks a bearing plus labour. these you can not do yourself because they have to be pressed out. i just had mine done this week. it cost me about 450 but we ran into a few more proplems. i also got my a new cv boot. i think it was like 10-15 bucks. but what ever you do DO NOT GO TO MAZDA for parts. they will bend you over and rape you big time.

#10 ·
NEWBIE ALERT!!!

Hi, it's me again. Ummm I've got a newbie question about this so please don't go biting my head off if I sound stupid or what-not.

Could someone explain to me what he meant by "the body has 261,000km on it, while the motor has just over 90,000km on it."

=) Thanks

#11 ·
The body is original, and the motor was replaced. So that means the motor was either replaced 90,000km ago or it had a certain amount on it before and that's the total on it now. Don't worry arcane, I didn't know what it meant either when I first started on this site :)

#14 ·
vyeguy said:
you looking at 75 bucks a bearing plus labour. these you can not do yourself because they have to be pressed out. i just had mine done this week. it cost me about 450 but we ran into a few more proplems. i also got my a new cv boot. i think it was like 10-15 bucks. but what ever you do DO NOT GO TO MAZDA for parts. they will bend you over and rape you big time.
Odd. Our premium bearings are $52.00 a piece along with a $7 wheel seal (PartSource).

If any members pass through Sarnia, Ontario, I can give you a discount at our store. You know, show a little love to the guys who help me out here. :lol:

#15 ·
theres no way of you bringing it to the border is there???? if there is i will give you 700 if you would

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.