Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale: 1st Generation, 1990 MX-6 GT, (project or parts car)

Sadly, after 3 years of trying to get my 1990 MX-6 GT restored I’ve run out of time and my landlord wants it gone  so it looks like its going to wind up at the crushers soon unless someone wants to buy it. The price is $300.00 firm. I’m losing a ton of money on this deal but I’d rather see someone else get the car then see it get crushed for scrap.
The front wheel bearings are brand new and have never been driven on yet, the 5-speed manual transmission has been rebuilt and never driven on yet, The 2.2L turbocharged engine runs fine and has been rebuilt in the past, the axles are quite new and driven on very little, brand new tie-rod ends. Basically it came down to just body work, it needs a new front floor pan and the sub frame is rusted badly, it may be repairable but I’m not too sure. It also need a gas tank patch job or new tank installed to hear engine run. To make sure it starts I suppose all one would have to do is dump some gas into the intake put the boot back on and crank her over, it should start that way for a second or two. The interior is so-so, the seats and carpet have no rips or holes, but will need to be steamed/chemical cleaned to look good again.
What more can I say, It a 1st generation MX-6 GT with a good engine, ECU and transmission.

Being sold separately (all stuff is in great condition):
Autometer® boost/vacuum and A/F gauges- $60
Adam Turbo ECU Chip- $30
Bolt-on 2.5” side-exit, cat-back exhaust- $80

Here are some pictures of the car….

Here's a picture of the bad floor.

I’ll get more up if I get time to

Contact me by E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 506-454-9979
Or PM me

Thank you
Nathan West

PS: Serious inquires only please. Also, you may have to act fast as I don’t have much more time before my landlord has it towed on me and I get nothing for the car. If you’re wondering I’m in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

·
Registered
730 Posts
Need bigger pictures, man. ;)

How much time do you have left, anyways? I might be able to work something out after all...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need bigger pictures, man. ;)

How much time do you have left, anyways? I might be able to work something out after all...
The never come out that small on any other forum, how do I resize them?
Well that depends I can call my landlord again and tell him we are still working out the details, then he may give me more time as he knows how pi$$ed I would be if I came home and he had it towed, Id burn down the park, MMMhahahaha, no not the park, his nice new truck, yeah there we go his truck, he loves that truck, show him how it feels. However he would just go out and buy a new one under his insurance anyway so whats the point, lol, anyway I'm just kidding.

I also have to go to the MVI and get the car transfered out of my Ex's name, using my bill of sale from her. But if you're just using it as parts I can't see what it would matter if you have it in you're name or not, All you would need is a valid bill of sale unless you plan on using the VIN for somthing or fixing the frame, either way it dosn't matter, but if I can avoid having to go to the MVI and pay taxes that would be nice ;)

Nathan

·
Registered
730 Posts
Tiny pictures are tiny... not sure what happened there.

I won't be able to do anything until Sunday evening or Monday morning at the earliest...

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
They are the same size as the ones you have posted on photobucket. There is no re-size option, as its just a direct link to your pictures. You need to make your originals about 600x400 at least to prodcue a decent sized picture on here. Dont go crazy though, like more than 1000 x 800, then they are just too big.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chamfer: I think I can get my landlord to wait, he is an alright person, so I can't see why he wouldn't give me more time. Just as long as he knows it going to be gone soon. I really wish I had more time to find another GT or even an LX and do a swap, but he wouldn't like that at all, and My 3 year window is up, so it has to go, ok I'm going to be sick now, :(

Oddball: I don't soupose the small pic. size may also have somthing to do with the fact that I use my cell Phone, a Motorla Razr V3i. I have no digi. camara.

·
Registered
730 Posts
So yeah, went to check out the car today, snapped some pics if anyone else wants to see 'em... 99% sure I'm nabbing this one, though. ;)

^That's my LX hiding in the background...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
still for sale

bump, still avaiable, chamfr say's he is going to buy it but he hasn't got ahold of me yert to come up and get it. so....its still up for grabs, first come first serve

thanks
Nathan

ps: you don't wasnt to miss out onthis one its a great deal! losts of new andost new parts, great GT egine with a .40" overboare, redone tranny, new axles, etc. dont miss out!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Damn it why do u have to be so far! Id so buy the car off u in a heart beat. Figure out how to ship it over to Toronto and done deal.:)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rent a dolly and take a truck on a road trip, pick the car up and hual it back yourself. You can rent trucks with dollys from U-hual for cheap. Just an idea.

Nathan

·
Registered
385 Posts
lol nah im not that adventurous for a transmission in the middle of winter. oh well.

Edit: If you still have the Strut Tower Bar, PayPal is ready. PM Me

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bump....

PS: WTB: If anyone has a 1st gen MX-6 for sale let me know. dosn't mater if engine runs or not. Body just has to be decant.

Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts