Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
SOLD to Rod from Brampton, nice guy who's owned a few over the years! Really glad she went to a good home and not the scrapheap.

Hey guys, up for sale is my 1988 MX6 GT in Sapphire Blue with manual transmission and digital dash. Owned it for almost a year now and had a lot of fun in it, but it's time to move on to something a little newer.

Details: 274k and runs and drives with no problems. Body is in very good shape with only a few discrete rust spots. Does need rear brake pads however, I've bought premium pads from NAPA for it and they just need to be installed. When I bought it I put on new lower control arms and balljoints on each side, had all 3 e-brake cables replaced and a stainless exhaust flex pipe and Magnaflow high-flow catalytic converter installed. Car would come with rims off a 96 MX6 in good shape and 4 nitrogen-filled Toyo Garit HT snow tires that have been used for only 1 season (still have 11/32 of tread left, and the new tread on those is 11 or 12/32 so they did pretty well!). Would also come with the stock rims with all-season tires mounted. Only issue is that it will need a new clutch soon.

Car needs to go this week as I'm getting a newer vehicle end of the week and don't have the parking! Since I have to put a price, I'll say asking $1000 or best offer, the snow tires with 2g rims are probably worth half that! Pics are on craigslist and kijiji under Toronto or can be emailed on request.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Pictures required with the next 12 hrs, as per the big shiney 'announcement' at the top of the for sale section of which would have had a big blue light next to it saying you had not read it yet :rolleyes: .

or the thread goes.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
oh here we go.. mods with attitude.. i guess it was only time till this forum became like the rest.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
oh here we go.. mods with attitude.. i guess it was only time till this forum became like the rest.
And your problem is ?

Its not attitude.. its called dry humour .. but hey you'll learn ..

Announcement made about new rules .. 29-08-08 ...

this thread posted on .. 09-11-08

that enough for you ?

If people dont want to bother reading the rules then the moderator will take the appropriate action.

If you dont like the new rule or my way of moderating the new rule, feel free to contact another mod with a complaint. But dont be supprised to hear that in the other 'for sale' sections.. this thread would not have been given the opportunity to stay open.. they are deleted straight away ..

NEXT ....

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
And your problem is ?

Its not attitude.. its called dry humour .. but hey you'll learn ..

Announcement made about new rules .. 29-08-08 ...

this thread posted on .. 09-11-08

that enough for you ?

If people dont want to bother reading the rules then the moderator will take the appropriate action.

If you dont like the new rule or my way of moderating the new rule, feel free to contact another mod with a complaint. But dont be supprised to hear that in the other 'for sale' sections.. this thread would not have been given the opportunity to stay open.. they are deleted straight away ..

NEXT ....
well then, as a mod, you should know this should have been sent by email and not spamming this guys thread.. good job.. i guess i'll just have to learn like you said! Like i said, this forum is turning into just liek the rest.. Hot headed mods. only reason i stuck around this site for as long as i did. This forum in the 4 years i've been on has never had hot headed mods and with that, ran smoothly with no issues.. it was only a matter of time till they ruined a good site by hiring you as a mod.. i really have no reason as i sold my mx6 years ago and now classifieds are free everywhere like Kijiji.com
I mean, if this site thinks picturesa re that crutial, then why not just call your self gtcars.ca or some other gay forum. RULES RULES RULES>.. ITS A CAR FORUM, NOT A GOVERNMENT FORUM!, LAY OFF THE GOD DAMN RULES.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
midrange:

Oddball is potentially the most level headed moderator we have here.

You've decided to report the post with your complaints, which garnered my attention. Oddball is ruining the site, according to you?? lol.

I've decided to ban you for 1 day. Now, if you want, you can direct your whining and complaints onto me... and leave the good moderators like oddball to do their volunteer jobs.

All you had to say was "okay, i'll add pictures"

its not an unreasonable request, and oddy shouldn't have to coddle you just because you are easily insulted by being asked to follow the (very reasonable) rules.

Please file this under your "moderator abuse" file, and shove it up your behind. Thanks.

*edit- i decided to be a sweetheart, and make it only 1 day. but you'll be on a short leash so keep it civil when you get back.

Now to answer your complaints... yes, its a car forum. Its a car forum where people have gotten ripped off by members far better than yourself.. which shows that anyone can pull a scam. The picture rule, as well as others, are in effect to help curb these large profile scams.

YOU don't have any inherent right to sell whatever you want here. It's a courtesy provided to you by the site. feel free to sell your shit elsewhere if putting a picture in is too hard. The self entitled BS that goes on here by members who don't contribute a dime to our operating costs doesn't sit well with me.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
:eek:

Well i was typing this PM and tried to send it to you, and it said i was not able to, now i know why, and that your reported post was picked up by Goatcrapp before i even saw it.

so in the time it took for me to type it.. well you now know.

but i'll break tradition and post the reply .. you might have wished you waited just that little bit longer ... before calling my bluff ....

Oh it may also help you to know i had already communicated with the seller through PM, and given him even more time due to the circumstances he gave ...:rolleyes:

anyway .. your PM .... sory you did you what did and it turned out this way :(

Just goes to show how much attention you show to this forum, your HOME forum.

I have been a moderator for over 3 years, and I have been the ONLY moderator of the Canadian section for the past 18 months or more (honda no longer moderates this section and has not for a long long time), so your impression of me just arriving on the scene and dishing out bans and attiude, is seriously flawed.

As for SPAMING the members thread, since when is a moderator telling the member to rectify the post, as per the rules, classed as spam ? You are the one that should have PM'd me about the thread. Your un-warrantied reply, and public ARGUEMENT over a moderators directive, is both spam and liable to a 'argueing with a moderators directive ' infraction.

Have you received one ? no you have not, why, because i'm an easy going guy, but when people continue to ignore the rules and directions, of which have been in place for some time, then i put my foot down.

I say again .. if this had been posted in the general for sale section.. it would have been deleted without question.. without 12-24hrs grace .. without a nudge ... gone, no questions, no discussion.

So tell me .. whats so hot headed about my style of moderation in comparission...

no contest..

End of ..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Damn, and I was excited when I saw 6 replies to my thread thinking people were interested in the car, hehe. A pic is forthcoming today as soon as my digicam battery charges up (Ah, Sony).

IMPORTANT: This car MUST be gone by Thursday the 20th, that's when I get my new vehicle. On that day, it will sadly go to the scrapper and I will be disappointed in the world that no one wants a rare, quick and fun car like this to put a bit of work into (brake pads and clutch!). Make your offer people!! I would much rather see someone buy and drive it than have it rust at the 'recycler'.

Edit: I PMed Oddball and he graciously allowed me to leave my ad up with just a 'normal' picture of my car rather than the MX6 signed one, as per forum rules. So I feel he was quite fair and just in that regard and I have no problem with how he handled the situation. Now buy my car :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ok SilverBullet91, I was waiting for pics before posting but since the current situation.... I`m kinda interested, a buddy of mine is looking for one. I`d like to see pics.

Edit: Whoa, I just read which part of Ontario your from! You a little ways away from me. Damn!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
sorry for crapping your thread! gl with your sale.. i miss my bros 1st gen gt

·
Registered
167 Posts
Finally, here are the pics of the car. The outside pic was taken earlier in the spring, and shows the 2g rims and snow tires to come with it for close to asking price...other pics have the stock rims. Can sell the rims and snows seperate, but not till the car goes!

This car HAS to be gone by this Thursday, or it will be at the wrecker pending my parents wanting their new cars in the garage...this will be a great deal on a classic Mazda car that doesn't need a lot of work and has a solid frame and well running engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts