Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
short stroker
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$1800
187,000 miles. I am the 3rd owner, I've had this car since 2001. No accidents, it's the original paint, engine, tranny.

The good:
-original red paint is in good shape
-eibach springs/tokico struts with less than 30,000 miles on them
-92GT tail lights
-17" TSW rims with 215/45/17 tires, lots of tread left
-pioneer radio (about 10yrs old)/cerwin-vega speakers front and rear
-interior is very clean, engine runs/idles perfectly
-Mazda OEM clutch has only 30,000 miles

The not so good:
-rust on driver's side A-pillar
-small amount of rust under 3rd brakelight

Pics:

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
are you sure that it is original paint? Or did someone color in the black plastic side moldings that go all the way around the car? Bump for it having an LE steering wheel, nice rims, and a good idea of what my car will look like when i tint the front.

·
short stroker
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's definitey original paint. No clear coat, gets faded after a while, but a good wax job brings it right back. I painted the black trim myself (spray paint) a few years ago. It held up pretty well, but it needs to be touched up.
Thanks everyone for the compliments.

·
Registered
208 Posts
very nice car.

how much rust is it? detailed pictures would be nice.

would you consider trading for a 2nd gen?

·
short stroker
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry guys, no trades for me...I've got 3 cars, need to get it down to 2. Here are some pics of the rust:

Pillar- I removed the trim to do some work on this, never got around to it. It does need work to get it done right. It looks like whoever replaced the windshield before I bought it did a crap job:

Trunk Outside:

Trunk Inside- this is just underneath the brakelight, it looks nasty, but it's a flat piece of sheetmetal, so an easy fix:

·
short stroker
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, car is still available. Where are you located? PM me if you want to meet up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts