Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my beast coz I'm going overseas and can't afford to keep or fix her. She is running but blowing TONS of grey/white smoke and going through a heap of oil. Basically isnt driveable, it would get defected in a second. The engine has done around 230,000km.

Other than that, the gearbox was replaced with a good secondhand one about 4 months ago, the clutch is new, the body is good, the interior is also good, it has genuine 17" 2 piece rims with good tyres (235/45/17 on the front, 215/45/17 on the rear). Brakes need doing but it still stops, and it ran well til it started blowing smoke. Frankly it still does, if you don't mind exhaust poisoning.

Other issues are that there is a snapped of exhaust manifold bolt in the head, and its missing another coz the helicoil is gone, so it has a major exhaust leak.

Nice bits include an Autometer boost guage mounted in the glove box and a turbo timer. There is a shift light but I dont have it connected. There are blingy bits under the bonnet, I'll post pics coz I don't know what they do, to be honest.

It's white with a grey interior, has a decent stereo with Pioneer 6x9's in the rear.

It's a good parts car or good if you want to rebuild or replace the engine. I'm looking for offers coz I have NO idea what its worth. Just dont waste my time.

It's in Adelaide, and I'll post pics as soon as I get some, in the next couple days. PM me with questions or comments. Cheers!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sounds like the turbo has blown a seal, If it was the head it would not run well if at all. New turbo bolted on and head recoiled and it could all be fixed by the sounds....

If I was still in to buying and fixing cars I would have a real good look at this one, plus its in my same city :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts