Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car is SOLD

As much as I love this car, I simply do not have the time/space/need for it anymore (have three cars and one garage). I am the second owner since 67,000 (now 147,000) miles and performed all maintenance myself. The car has been involved in two separate hit and runs, both very minor (first two pics of album). After the first one decided to get the car painted and no more than a week went by that the second hit occurred. Got that fixed right away though. All body work was done as well when painted, so the car is near perfect, though there is ONE spot on the spoiler that is minor (in pic). Since then, the car has sat in my garage collecting dust. I do take it for a spin every couple weeks (or more) depending on the weather, and it has a fresh wax.

The car is running on a standalone Megasquirt computer (no stock ECU) and buyer will receive all files needed to tune with and a USB adaptor. A wideband O2 sensor is installed as well. The A/C does work..sort of. It blows plenty cold, but since the stock ECU was removed I had a switch in-cabin to cycle the compressor to keep temps up and not freeze anything. I never really used it anyway, so it wasn't an issue for me. Also to note, I did not beat this car up, I drive fairly sensibly and only occasionally ran it fairly aggressive. Gotta burn that carbon buildup off somehow.

The good:
All the mods in my signature
New paint and fresh wax!
Working sunroof, windows, locks, cruise control, key fob.
Sitting on PGT wheels with almost brand new Yokohama AVID V4s (probably 1-2k miles on them at most)
Motor still pulls strong and tranny shifts very nice.
Clutch is maybe 5k miles old with MX-3 flywheel and new throwout bearing and slave cylinder.
New rotors all around with Hawk (HPS?) pads and stainless lines.
Fresh AC Delco battery (4 months old)

The not-so-good:
Random sputtering on occasion..let me elaborate. On SOME start-ups (this does not happen all the time) the car can stutter quite a bit under 2k RPM, above that it's fine. Restart the car and the problem disappears :shrug:
Idle valve noisy under load (fans on), can be turned off and idle set by stopper screws
Motor runs warm on hot days...chalking this up to a need for coolant flushing.
PGT wheels not in the best shape speaking for the paint. I have paint for them, just never got around to it. Mainly just one of the wheels (in one of the pics) that is the worst, the others are not that bad IMO.
Seats have the typical wear on just the driver's side seat (pictured).
Carpet could use a shampoo, but not that bad.

PICTURES
Picasa Web Albums - Brian - MX6

Asking $2500 obo
Paint job (including all body work) was $1500

I will include with the sale my Mazda workshop manual as well as the haynes manual, paint for the wheels, and any other miscellaneous bits I have collected over the years for this car.

I will also be selling separately a set of KLZE heads and cams. Heads were cleaned up - shaved, valve job done, and Interprep racing springs with DE valve stem retainers installed. Will have pics if interested, otherwise they'll be going in the other for sale forum.

·
Registered
605 Posts
nice lookn six mate

you guys been getting any waves up there ?
down here in FL's GC we're starting on our 3rd week straight of fairly solid swell.
EC hasnt been giving much this past week, but looking towards thurs should see something decent.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a good winter at all. Looks like you got some waves headed that way by friday. Still waiting to shed the gloves up here though :) Managed to snag a few barells this past friday.

·
Registered
605 Posts
yea, this winter was really lame for us as well, right up until the past couple weeks.
but the waves we have been getting at least have a little punch to em, this last swell over the weekend hit OH for a couple days w/ super punchy bowls, I did see a couple of nice little shacks, but never managed to grab any myself. (got in, but couldnt make it out)
EC over this next wknd is looking better and better.
hope you score some solid swell soon, maybe we will all get lucky and have a few h-cane swells without landfall :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you still have the car?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the late reply guys. Fortunately the car is staying close to home. My brother REALLY needed something more reliable than what he's got and he knows quite a bit about the car already (he used to own a Probe). So the car is SOLD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.