Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: Silver 1990 Mazda 626 GT w/ Dying tranny *ADDED PICS*

I have a 1990 GT Sitting in my yard with a bad transmission and body damage. It's still drivable and i actually take it on a run once in a while but the transmission is going to go bad as its making some noise also it stopped going into 5th. Not sure what the problem is but i think it may just need shims and other work. I don't have the time or patients for this anymore and want to get rid of it as i took apart the tranny before and replaced the bad differential gears thinking it was the problem but it wasn't.

Here are the pics, the transmission internals are when it was apart about a year ago, might not look like that anymore...
nzalog/Car - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It has a new flywheel, somewhat new centerforce clutch kit, replaced throwout/pilot bearings and slave cylinder.
Front sway bar is after market (believe one of the strongest ones) and rear sway bar is very thick as well.
Added rear strut tower bar.
Reverse indiglo gauges (stopped working, may be easy fix).
Tires are in great condition.
interior is pretty clean besides the stuff that collect from it sitting under the tree with the moon roof cracked open.
The front shocks are new tokico blue and eibach lowering springs all around.
all the bushing are energy suspension.
K&N drop in.
Rear and front are brembo blanks but i don't remember when they were last changed and think (not sure) the front might be due for a set of rotors.

I took care of the car pretty well but after the body damage and transmission starting to die i am giving up on it. I have a bike now and a corolla when i need a car so its just not worth it for me to fix this car again.

Engine and turbo still are strong and i believe its around 200k miles now. there is a broken exhaust manifold bolt so it makes a bit of noise.

please PM me if interested. I'll try to get pictures up.

i'm thinking $700 OBO

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Whers the body damage? Got any pics?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the front right corner and i don't think it's a repairable thing. I drove the car with it like this for about a year and did not see any effects to it as far as alignment or functionality. It did have an effect on the engine mount and cause damage to the original one, i did some "improvisation" to get the replacement one to fit without just getting damaged like the previous one.

I will try to get pictures up soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts