Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay... has anyone on this board succesfuly installed one of these??? at this point, i think i'd rather do the fs-ze than get a turbo or nitrous (too many horror stories about blowing the engine) plus, with a 30,000 mile engine in my car (according to corksport), that will add quite a few years to the life of my 6... so has anyone in here actually put a fs-ze in???

G

·
I would say no on a bottle. The name of my race club is NO BOTTLE RACING lol. But on the serious side, my choice is no, too much wear and tear on your engine. thats just my thoughts :) plus i think its cheatin lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
i have a stupid question: What is an fs-ze? thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the fs-ze is the j-spec 4 cylinder... which puts out a solid 170 hp. as compared to the more common kl-ze, the j-spec v6... that one puts out 200 hp.

these engines have to be imported... due to the fact that all engines put on american mx6/probes were the detuned versions of the j-spec.

G

·
That I-4 is supposed to put out about 160HP, right? With the 200 lb that the I-4 cars save over the V6's, the J-spec engine would make the car pretty quick. Throw in a lightened flywheel (half the price of a V6 lightened flywheel if you go in on the bulk buy), the car'd be WAY fast!

Don't know if this is true or not, but aren't the I-4 motors from the same engine family as some of the Miata motors? If so, then may of the mods available for the Miata might work on the J-spec I-4. Does anyone know for sure?

Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts