Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I fitted the pressure gauge to my FSE this morning.

Ran the engine up and found that the pressure had been set to 60 psi with the vacuum tube disconnected.

I've readjusted it down to 48 psi now and I'll see if that makes a difference to the lumpy running. It already seems to be ticking over better.

Oh, and I put a good shot of carb cleaner into the manifold too...

Ken

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I've no idea Andy. But the engine has definitely been missing at about 2500 rpm when pulling gently in 2nd and 3rd, and it only started after tuning the FSE.

After the tune-up the power and torque curves were well away from the normal smooth Mazda readings so I can only assume that things weren't setup correctly. I've since heard from one or two people that that particular garage doesn't have that good a reputation when it comes to tuning, so I'm steering clear of them from now on...

Ken

Oh, and I had the battery disconnected for about an hour, so that will have cleared any codes too.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, rolling road, 4-post lifts, the works.

Trouble is they're a Vauxhall tuner and, although they do other cars, don't really have a good reputation on them. (Mind you, my Bro owns a Callibra 2.0 and even he won't go there.)

Ended up using my own rolling road to tune her by feel.
Up and down the dual carraigeway this afternoon stopping and tweaking a bit more at the end of each run. I've got her set to 50 psi now and she feels great.

I did as you said Andy and used PTFE on the thread (see, I do listen to you). No leaks anywhere (touches desk)

Cheers for the info,
Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.