1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
2,866 Posts
My brother soldered the probinator chip to my ECU and it came out great. He is very able when it comes to soldering, in fact, his previous job was as an electronic tech at a factory for goverment electronics. If you want, I can have him take a look:shrug: Im gettign pretty good at it myself, I dont know if I could do that kind of jarb though.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Yeah I was going to say, dont waste your time. If it cost $16 shipped, then that will probably be the cost of getting a new Mosfet shipped to your door from Visonik, plus removal and install of the new one.... hoping that it IS in fact, the Mosfet that is the problem, and hopefully nothing else. Sometimes on amps I've found that when a mosfet goes, some of the surrounding circuitry thats connected to it directly can be fried as well.

I'd say recycle the aluminum heatsink, and give the internals to an electronics recycling company and move on. If you need some cost effective solutions for a new amp, I can help you find a bunch on ebay or whatever. Visonik is pretty hurtin' stuff.... I wouldn't recommend it to anybody, unless they were content with just a El-Crapo type install.
:shrug:

For the ultra meager budget line of audio, I'm not sure of who are bed buddies with who else anymore, but I would not be the slightest bit surprised if Visonik was a child company of Legacy/Pyle or Pyramid/RockWood. A lot of cheaper amps are actually made by Pyramid, as in Phoenix Gold's XS series (/rebadged Pyramid Gold series)
It happens a lot as Pyramid can build (somewhat) decent amps for how little they cost to make, a lot more so then any other car audio company in comparison, so its financially a very viable idea to contract Pyramid out to design & build the lower end lines of better companies. There are many other examples other then Phoenix gold's XS series, such as that "Swiss audio" as of late.

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only reason I got it was because my old amp had died and I was in desperate need of a cheap amp. You got to admit, $16, it was well worth it. But I agree, it would've been nice if it had lasted longer. I want a good amp eventually, but then again I need better subs, door speakers, and head unit also.

·
Banned
2,866 Posts
I got two amps, a 12' sub, 2 sets of Polk Audio speakers (two for the hatch door, two for something else Im trying to do), and a whole lot of wiring:)

Oh, and Im trying to get rid of a double 12' sub box. Interested?

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
^ any 6.5" 's I wouldn't mind as my Saturn SL2 (winter car) could use an improvement over OEM.

Shipping for the dual 12" cabinet would be astronomical up to Calgary :(

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If they are OEM drop ins, they are all 6x8s.

What are the amps and speakers? I am kinda interested. But I don't need the sub or the box as of now.

·
Banned
2,866 Posts
The speakers Im not necesarily getting rid off, since I got a few projects under way for them. I want to surround sound my car again, like I had it on the six:D

One of the Amps is a Power Acoustik LT960-4. Havent figured out how powerfull it is, I got it as a "payment" for an audio work I did in my neighbors car. I can sell it, but it has to go through him first (me getting a chunk of the payment lol). The other amp is a Rampage 2 chan 500watt amp. Say what you want about those Pep Boys or (how was it you called it, Kmart piece of crap) "generic" amps are pretty sturdy, and mine has lasted quite a bit, taking quite a load. That one is my brothers, which he lended to me, and which I am entitled to sell and give the profits to him (sicne he has no jarb, like myself lol).

And yes Grham, I do have a set of 6.5' Polk Audios. I can get ANY audio equipment for teh cheap. I got mad connections with audio distributors. I just got my brother a Kenwood digital head unit, with all the bells and whistles (mp3 docking station, USB port, 55watts/4chans) for like 80 bucks. So yeah. Hit me up fools :)

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lt960-4

Number of Channels 4
RMS Power (4 ohms) 100 watts x 4 channels
RMS Power (2 ohms) 125 watts x 4 channels
RMS Power (1 ohm) Not Stable
Bridged RMS Power 250 watts x 2 channels
Total RMS Power Output 500 watts
Peak Power Output 960 watts
Minimum Impedance Unbridged 2 ohms
Minimum Impedance Bridged 4 ohms
THD at Rated RMS Power <0.02%
Speaker Level Inputs Yes
Preamp Outputs 1 pair
Built-in Crossover High-pass (HP), Low-pass (LP)
High-Pass Crossover Frequency 50 - 500 Hz
Low-Pass Crossover Frequency 30 - 500 Hz
Subsonic Filter N/A
Signal-to-Noise Ratio >98 dB
Channel Separation >55 dB
Bass Boost 0 - 24 dB
Bass/Gain Remote N/A
Fan Cooled N/A
Fuse Rating 25A x 2
Full MOSFET Power Supply
PWM Circuitry
Full Selectable Crossover HI / FULL / LOW