Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow MX6ers,

Ive got a 93 V6 MX6 Auto, and Ive got a simple question to ask, how much kms should I be getting on average on a full 58 Ltr tank??

On both Highway driving and on regular street driving, and if i drive it like a maniac.?????

- Darko

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a V6 auto as well. I find that I get about 380-400kms around the city and about 500-550kms on the highway. Whenever I fill up I can only get about 45-48litres in the tank when it shows empty. I also find that the A/C reduces my rang by about 30kms in the city.

I always use Shell Optimax which is 98RON.

I find if I use regular unleaded I get about 340-350kms, and lose a noticable amount of bottom end torque.

Trev

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trevorg said:
I have a V6 auto as well. I find that I get about 380-400kms around the city and about 500-550kms on the highway. Whenever I fill up I can only get about 45-48litres in the tank when it shows empty. I also find that the A/C reduces my rang by about 30kms in the city.

I always use Shell Optimax which is 98RON.

I find if I use regular unleaded I get about 340-350kms, and lose a noticable amount of bottom end torque.

Trev
Cool so its not just me, I was worried that I should be getting more. Sounds good....

I found that with Shell Optimax I was able to push it to about 450 kms on a full tank.

I also tried that Mobile Synergy stuff...I dont recommend it, I found I was getting the same as regular unleaded crap. Go figure they brag about it being better and giving more kick i found it dropped me down in power considerably.

I also get about 48 Litres of fuel per empty tank, I was told the reason for this is the empty warning light comes on when you reach your last 10 Litres of fuel. So yea...we do have 58 Litre tanks like the specs say.

- Darko

1 - 3 of 3 Posts